Union/Pay Scale: USWA – Grade: 9
Annual Salary Range: $60,542.31 – $75,856.77 (hired post 9/22/09)
The Planner and Land Use Administrator (“P/LUA”) is responsible for reviewing applications, preparing recommendations and drafting/filing decisions relative to zoning relief applications, site plan review applications and design review applications in fulfilling requirements as set forth in M.G.L. Chapter 40A and Chapter 41. Under direction, this position will support the community planning process and its component planning initiatives, project management activities, procurement of services, grant writing and administration. The P/LUA assists the Director of Permitting & Land Use Planning with Zoning Board of Appeals meeting preparation and administration, the Planning Board, the Conservation Commission, and the Historic Commission with administrative and technical tasks. The P/LUA serves as a resource for the Department and the City on matters related to zoning administration.
- BS/BA in Planning, Urban Studies or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in private or municipal planning and/or Masters Degree with two years professional experience in planning.
- A combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- This position requires a strong theoretical basis gained through education as well as practical experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Very good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with local, state and federal government agencies, the general citizenry and the business community, toward project completion.
- Experience in plan review, project management, and GIS is helpful, as is familiarity with appropriate state regulations and procedures regarding funding and public procurement.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage a wide-ranging portfolio of planning and zoning responsibilities.
To apply, email your application and/or resume to email@example.com or send to Human Resources, City of Chelsea, 500 Broadway, Room 301, Chelsea, MA 02150.
To view all of our Job Openings, go to our website at www.chelseama.gov.
The City of Chelsea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.