The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
2023 Annual Awards - Nominations Open! - Kayak the Charles River!
It is time again to recognize and celebrate recent planning success stories and those who make a difference in the planning profession. The American Planning Association - Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is pleased to announce its 2023 APA-MA Awards Program. Each year APA-MA acknowledges planners and their work through its awards program. The program is designed to recognize an outstanding planning project, special person, or organization for a significant contribution to the field of planning.
This year nominations are being solicited for the following awards:
OUTSTANDING PLANNING DISTINGUISHED SERVICE
Comprehensive Planning Community of the Year
Planning Project Professional Planner
Transportation & Mobility Planning Faye Siegfriedt
Sustainability & Resiliency Elected official of the Year
Social Advocacy Citizen Planner
Student Project Distinguished Service
Journalism & Communications Emerging/Rising Planner
The APA-MA awards program is open to any individual or planning project in the Commonwealth. Except for the Professional Planner Award, membership in APA and/or the Massachusetts Chapter is not required.
Nominations for the Elected Official of the Year Award are due by September 27th; nominations for all other awards are due by October 25th. To make a nomination, and for all information about the awards process, please see our web page or contact APA-MA Chapter Manager Brian A. Currie, AICP at email@example.com
Awards will be presented at the APA-MA Annual Awards on Friday, December 8th at the Colonial Inn, Concord, MA- save the date!
- The APA-KY DEI Committee continues their webinar series with a look at diversity (or lack thereof) in the planning profession as it ties into education. …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who attended a presentation on the planning and development of Polar Park to learn about its economic benefits and opportunities for the continued redevelopment …Read More »
- As you may know, the fall AICP certification cycle is coming soon! Registration for the November exam will open in October. Members who have earned …Read More »
- NNECAPA’s Annual Planning Conference Wentworth by the Sea, New Castle, New Hampshire November 6 – 8, 2023! The Northern New England Chapter of the …Read More »
- Here’s the Summer 2023 Issue of Massachusetts Planning! We hope you enjoy this issue and find the articles interesting, informative and useful. As always, your comments and suggestions …Read More »
Thank You for being a Sponsor!
- About MassDevelopment: MassDevelopment, the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts, all seen through the lens of access, diversity, …Read More »
- Permanent Part-time $26-$32/hour JOB POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Director of Planning & Development, and in collaboration with the Open Space Steward, oversees the Town’s open space protection and acquisition program, including: negotiating with landowners to conserve land; managing the Open Space Bond and the Open Space, Recreation and Water Supply Protection Fund; and working closely with the Open …Read More »
- Position Description The Northeastern Vermont Development Association (NVDA) seeks a highly skilled and self-motivated individual for a full-time Regional Planner position to work with a team of dedicated professionals, municipal officials, and regional partners. This planner will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director in support of regional …Read More »
Municipal Energy Resilience Program (MERP) Coordinator – Northeastern Vermont Development AssociationNortheastern Vermont Development Association (NVDA) seeks a detail-oriented Municipal Energy Resilience Program (MERP) Coordinator to assist with the successful implementation of Act 172 in the Northeast Kingdom (NEK) in close coordination with Vermont Buildings and General Services (BGS), supporting MERP partners/vendors, and NVDA staff. The MERP Coordinator will be responsible …Read More »
- Apply now Job no: 520645 Position Type: Faculty Full Time Campus: UMass Boston Department: Urban Planning and Community Development Date opened: 19 Sep 2023 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: 12/8/23 Job Description The Department of Urban Planning and Community Development (UPCD) at the University of Massachusetts Boston (UMass Boston) seeks to hire a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor …Read More »
- Apply now Job no: 520644 Position Type: Faculty Full Time Campus: UMass Boston Department: Urban Planning and Community Development Date opened: 18 Sep 2023 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: 12/8/23 General Summary: The Department of Urban Planning and Community Development (UPCD) at the University of Massachusetts Boston (UMass Boston) seeks to hire a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor …Read More »
- The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) is seeking a consulting firm or team assistance to facilitate the Safe Streets for All, also known as SS4A) planning process in coordination with state agencies and participating Rhode Island municipalities. Details on the RFP can be found at the below link: https://purchasing.ri.gov/RIVIP/ExternalBids/QuasiPublicAgencies/RIPublicTransitAuthBids/23-40.pdf …Read More »
- NHCOG is seeking to add a new Regional Planner role as we continue to expand to meet the needs of our region. This is a full-time (35 hours per week) position in our new office location in Litchfield; one mile from the Town Center. This role will support all our …Read More »
- Executive Director of Sustainable Solutions Lab Campus: UMass Boston Department: Sustainable Solutions Lab Pay Grade: 35 Date opened: 18 Aug 2023 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: 02 Oct 2023 Eastern Daylight Time Application link: https://employmentopportunities.umb.edu/boston/en-us/job/520255/executive-director-of-sustainable-solutions-lab General Summary: The Sustainable Solutions Lab works to advance climate justice through research, convenings and field building. As a cross-university initiative, the …Read More »
- The Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Commission (TRORC) in east-central Vermont is seeking an energetic, multi-faceted person to join our team of professional staff in Woodstock, VT. General planning duties may include grant writing and administration, land use regulations, and writing a variety of plans that help communities solidify their vision for …Read More »
- This Project Planner position is within the Division of Zoning and Development (Z&D) of CDD. You should be a self-motivated professional with a strong interest in zoning, development review, and land use regulation in general, with a focus on sustainable and equitable development. This role is an opportunity to further develop your …Read More »
- Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (EOHLC) is seeking a Senior Community Grants Coordinator in the Division of Community Services! Are you passionate about housing? Would you like to help communities unlock housing production opportunities? The Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (EOHLC) seeks a Senior Community Grants …Read More »
To see more jobs click here