The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,400-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
- Before summer ends, catch up with your planning colleagues at the River Bar! Sip something cool, reunite with a colleague or chat up a new …Read More »
- Northern New England Chapter – APA Now Open! Early bird registration for NNECAPA’s Annual Northern New England Planning Conference is now open: https://nne.planning.org/meetings/conference/ This year’s annual NNECAPA …Read More »
- It has been a long time coming! MAPD has finally entered the 21st century and now has a new, snappy looking website! Please update the bookmarks …Read More »
- SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Planning Director, provide direct support to the functions of the Quincy Planning Board. Manage applications for subdivisions, ANR’s, site plan review, special permits, and other related business. Coordinate City department review and independent peer review of applications and prepare recommendations for the …Read More »
- The Town of Boxborough is seeking experienced applicants for the full-time position of Town Planner. Boxborough is a thriving community with a population of approximately 5,500 residents, well situated at the crossroads of I-495 and Route 111/Massachusetts Avenue. Its excellent school system, high quality housing, convenient location, and scenic, historic …Read More »
- Provides planning and technical assistance on a wide range of community development projects to regional and local officials and stakeholders, with a focus on promoting smart growth development principles to address the region’s need for housing diversity and affordability. Participates and leads multi-disciplinary project teams providing support and recommendations to …Read More »