The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
2021 APA-MA Annual Awards – Nominations Open!
It is time again to recognize and celebrate recent planning success stories and those who make a difference in the planning profession. The American Planning Association - Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is pleased to announce its 2021 APA-MA Awards Program. The APA-MA awards program is co-sponsored by the Massachusetts Association of Planning Directors (MAPD). Each year APA-MA and MAPD acknowledge planners and their work through its awards program. The program is designed to recognize an outstanding planning project, special person, or organization for a significant contribution to the field of planning.
The APA-MA awards program is open to any individual or planning project in the Commonwealth. Except for the Professional Planner Award, membership in APA or the Massachusetts Chapter is not required.
Nominations for the Elected Official of the Year are due by 5:00 pm Monday, September 27th. Nominations for all other awards are due by 5:00 pm Monday, October 25th. Further information, including the awards categories and criteria, eligibility requirements, submission instructions, and a link to the nomination form, is available on the Chapter’s website at APA-MA.org
For any questions regarding the awards program, please contact Brian Currie, Chapter Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The venue for the 2021 Annual Awards ceremony is still being discussed due to the on-going concerns with COVID 19. A decision will be made shortly whether to hold a virtual or in-person event.
- APA-MA has several volunteer opportunities to serve on the APA-MA Board of Directors starting January 1, 2022: Legislative & Policy Officer, Professional Development Officer and Cape …Read More »
- Join us on October 1st from 4:00 – 6:00 pm for a virtual lecture with Dr. Joan Fitzgerald, Professor of Urban & Public Policy at …Read More »
- Please join us in congratulating the 2022 APA-MA Board of Directors!! The new board will take office on January 1, 2022. Congratulations!! Alison LeFlore, AICP – …Read More »
- Proposal Submission Deadline Extended: September 24th at 11:59 pm EST Submit Proposals: https://forms.gle/dWtrdv1qiqbKUC748 Questions: email@example.com The Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island Chapters of the American Planning Association are …Read More »
- Join us virtually on Zoom for October Planner’s Therapy! Be ready to kick back, relax, and socialize with your fellow planner. No commute required! Scheduled …Read More »
- Thank you to everyone who joined us for the sneak preview of the Guidebook to Massachusetts Land Use 2021! Authors Bob Mitchell, FAICP and Bob …Read More »
- The Town of Bedford seeks candidates for a Director of Housing and Economic Development. The position reports to the Town Manager. Responsibilities include planning and overseeing activities related to housing and economic development; identifying factors and strategies necessary to attract and retain new business; promoting a vibrant community for businesses, …Read More »
- Dynamic and motivated individual sought for a Planner position in the Community Planning Program with the Berkshire Regional Planning Commission (BRPC), a regional planning agency serving Berkshire County in Western Massachusetts. The Berkshires offer a high quality of life for those who value outdoor recreation, cultural amenities, and a strong …Read More »
- We are currently accepting applications for the full time (35 hours per week) position: Community Planner Starting Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,0000 Competitive Massachusetts state employee benefits package General Purpose: In conjunction with other Merrimack Valley Planning Commission staff, the Community Planner will work on a wide variety of projects …Read More »
- Under direction from the Associate Vice President, the Assistant Campus Planner will report directly to one of the Campus Planners while providing broader support to the CPRE team and the work related to the Institutional Master Plan, a broad range of strategic planning initiatives, and space and capital project support. …Read More »
- Northeastern University Campus Planning and Real Estate (CPRE) department is seeking two Campus Planners to join a team of talented planners to propose innovative solutions to space challenges and capital projects which will position Northeastern for continued growth and success as a research institution. The mission of the Campus Planning …Read More »
- Full Job Description: http://www.medfordma.org/departments/personnel/jobs Join the growing City of Medford and Department of Planning, Development and Sustainability, a newly formed department combining the offices of Community Development and Energy and Environment and incorporating new work in economic development and affordable housing. This merger is designed to bring the city’s expertise in …Read More »
To see more jobs click here