The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
Guidebook to Massachusetts Land Use, Annual Awards!
The Guidebook to Massachusetts Land Use 2021
Many thanks to Bob Mitchell, FAICP and Bob Ritchie, Esq. for all their great work authoring this tremendous resource for the APA-MA community. The Guidebook can now be viewed by clicking on this link: apa-ma.org/resources/guidebook/.
You will need to APA ID# to access the Guidebook. You can find your APA ID# by logging into your profile at www.planning.org or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you need a refresher on the Guidebook there is an informational webinar available by clicking here.
Again, thanks to Bob and Bob and to all those who contributed to make this document available to all APA-MA members! Happy researching!
APA-MA 2021 Annual Business Meeting & Annual Awards
December 3, 2021 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Please join us for the 2021 Annual Business Meeting of the APA-MA Chapter. We will review the challenges and opportunities of the past year and look forward to a brighter tomorrow. The agenda will include a review of the Chapter’s finances and introduction of the new 2022-2023 APA-MA Board of Directors!
Immediately after the Annual Business Meeting, join us for the APA-MA 2021 Annual Awards! Celebrate the holiday season and honor innovative planning projects and professionals across Massachusetts. Catch up with colleagues, meet new friends and enjoy the holiday!
This year the 2021 Annual Meeting & Awards will be virtual. Reserve your spot here.
Please be sure to register by noon, Wednesday December 1, 2021.
Hope to see you there!
- APA-MA has several volunteer opportunities to serve on the APA-MA Board of Directors starting January 1, 2022: Legislative & Policy Officer, Professional Development Officer and Cape …Read More »
- Please join us in congratulating the 2022 APA-MA Board of Directors!! The new board will take office on January 1, 2022. Congratulations!! Alison LeFlore, AICP – …Read More »
- Thank you to everyone who joined us for the sneak preview of the Guidebook to Massachusetts Land Use 2021! Authors Bob Mitchell, FAICP and Bob …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who joined us for this virtual event! It was a great success! For those of you who couldn’t be here today this …Read More »
- Location: Planning & Zoning Division, Town Hall, 2 Renshaw Road, Darien, CT Hours: 35 hrs. wk./8:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., Monday – Thursday (4-day work week) Compensation: $77,297 to $95,667 DOE (Grade: TC-6) (Eligible for full benefits package including health insurance (medical, Rx, dental & vision), retirement plan, life …Read More »
- The Town of Northborough seeks qualified applicants for the full-time position of Town Planner. This position is responsible for providing professional, administrative, technical, supervisory, policy direction, and overall management of the Planning Department and other land use and community development related functions within the Town. Administers the Town’s subdivision regulations, …Read More »
- The City of Peekskill received a $700,000 grant through the NYS Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI), administered by the NYS Department of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR), to fund a newly created Downtown Revitalization Fund (DRF). $70,000 of this grant may be spent to hire a consultant (Program Administrator) who will …Read More »
- The PVPC is seeking candidates for a Transit Data Analyst. This position will provide extensive technical support services to the region’s transit authority. Candidates must be technically sound, able to handle multiple projects and have excellent analytical skills with knowledge of SQL, R Programming and Excel. Familiarity with GIS and …Read More »
- The Division of Planning and Regulatory Services seeks applicants for the position of Conservation Planner/Agent. This position provides professional administrative support for the Conservation Commission and manages municipal programs related to wetlands protection and open space conservation, including administration of the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and City of Worcester Wetlands …Read More »
- The Town of Falmouth is currently recruiting for the position of Town Planner. This position is responsible for providing professional, administrative, technical, supervisory, policy direction and overall management of Planning Department and other land use and community development related functions within the Town. Oversees management of the Planning Department. Plans …Read More »
To see more jobs click here