The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
The Nominating Committee of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA-MA) is seeking candidates interested in serving on the APA-MA Board of Directors for the term beginning January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2023.
Candidates must be current APA-MA Chapter members. APA-MA is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Chapter members from traditionally under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
Positions up for election are the following:
Professional Development Officer
Legislation & Policy Officer
Regional Representatives: Boston, Cape & Islands, Central, Northeast, Southeast, Western
For details about each position see page 3 of the Chapter Bylaws. Download the APA-MA Regional Map adopted October 19, 2018 to determine which region you live or work in. To be on the ballot, please submit a letter of interest to the APA-MA Nominating Committee no later than May 14, 2021 with the following information:
- your full name,
- the position you are running for,
- a short position statement that includes your background, any previous volunteer experience (including with APA and/or APA-MA), why you are the best candidate for this position and headshot photo (optional).
Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you!
Kristen Las, APA-MA Past-President
Angela Cleveland, APA-MA President
Elaine Wijnja, DHCD Liaison
- CCAPA is hosting a series of four 1.5 hour educational forums for planners, policymakers, and stakeholders about the issues and data of affordable housing, desegregation, …Read More »
- Thursday May 20, from 5pm-6pm We’ll teach you a technique to de stress and to get your muscles, lungs, and heart destressed as well. You’ll …Read More »
- Here’s the Spring 2021 issue of Massachusetts Planning! We hope you enjoy this issue and find the articles interesting, informative and useful. As always, your …Read More »
- The Northern New England Chapter of the American Planning Association (NNECAPA) is pleased to host its 2021 Conference from Wednesday October 13th thru Friday October 15th in …Read More »
- Posting Date: May 12, 2021 Starting Salary: $70,609.00 The City of Peekskill, located in Westchester County, is seeking a full-time Assistant Planner (Planning) for the Department of Planning and Development. As part of the City’s team, the selected candidate will play a key role in project management and oversight for …Read More »
- The Town of Kingston is hiring an experienced Planner with professional experience in comprehensive community planning, in administering land use planning, zoning and regulatory controls, and coordinating both short-range and long-range plans of the community. This full-time position will put you at the center of Kingston’s economic growth. Duties: Full …Read More »
- The Town of Acton is seeking a detail oriented Assistant Planner to join the Planning Division team. This full-time position offers the exciting opportunity to serve a diverse population on matters of community planning and development. The Division is involved in a wide array of planning initiatives ranging from transportation, …Read More »
- The Town of Acton is seeking an experienced Planner with high competence in public engagement to join the Planning Division team. This full-time position offers the exciting opportunity to serve a diverse population on matters of community planning and development. The Planning Division is involved in a wide array of …Read More »
- Position: Planning Intern (x 2) Location: Department of Planning & Development Position Type: Paid / Part Time / Flexible Hours Pay: $17.50/hr (20 hr max per week) The City of Chicopee’s Department of Planning & Development plans to hire two (2) interns to assist the Department with a number of on-going and upcoming projects …Read More »
- The City of Salem seeks a Senior Planner to work on planning, policy, and project management activities in the areas of housing, economic development, and/or sustainability. Experience in development of ordinances and policies and the preparation and administration of grant funding proposals is desired. Position requires professional expertise, critical thinking, …Read More »
To see more jobs click here