The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,400-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
2019 APA-MA Annual Awards- Invitation to Register!
Tufts University - Breed Memorial Hall, Friday, December 13, 2019 12:00-2:00 pm
Join your friends at the American Planning Association, Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) & Massachusetts Association of Planning Directors (MAPD) as we celebrate the holiday season and honor innovative planning projects and professionals across Massachusetts. Catch up with colleagues, meet new friends and enjoy the holiday cheer at Tufts University - Breed Memorial Hall, for this year's celebration! Click here for MBTA and parking information!
This event sells out fast! Reserve your spot here: Eventbrite Registration
Your registration MUST be received by noon, Wednesday December 4, 2019.
Hope to see you there!
November’s Planner Therapy is coming to Lexington!
Planner’s Therapy is headed to Lexington in November! Join us November 21st from 5:00 - 8:00 pm at Margaritas 438 Bedford Street, Lexington, for some good conversation and cervezas!
RSVP at email@example.com
- Housing is often a backdrop, shaping our communities and regions. But planners face many challenges in order to adequately address the availability and affordability of …Read More »
- The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA MA) Transportation Committee and the Boston Society of Architects (BSA) Infra\tecture Knowledge Community co-sponsored a special two-part event …Read More »
- The City of Springfield was recently highlighted in an article in APA’s “Planning Magazine” This article tells a compelling story of revitalization and renewal. Written …Read More »
- CHICAGO – The American Planning Association Foundation has awarded a total of $25,000 in scholarships to six college students studying to pursue a career in planning. The goal of the …Read More »
- Ted Harvey, Senior Planner/Manager Pioneer Valley Planning Commission (PVPC), Springfield, MA Ted, tell us about your background: I have a BA in Archaeology and Religion …Read More »
- The MVPC is seeking applications for the position of Executive Director. The MVPC is the regional planning agency for a diverse region of approximately 270 square miles in the northeastern corner of Massachusetts. The Commission provides myriad planning services including land use, transportation, environmental, energy, hazard mitigation, and economic development …Read More »
- The Staff Planner is an entry level professional position within the Department of Planning and Community Development reporting directly to the Director and in their absence, the Assistant Director. Duties include responding to public inquiries and advising developers, builders, realtors, citizens and property owners on items relating to zoning, subdivision, …Read More »
- Under the direction of the Senior Planning Information Manager, the Planning Data Analyst will provide data analysis and visualization support to the 60 staff person Community Development Department. The Planning Data Analyst will work across the department to help scope, execute and communicate data related projects. This position recognizes the …Read More »
- Description The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) seeks a Transportation Planner who will work on a wide variety of projects and policies in Greater Boston to encourage more of the region’s trips to involve public transit, bicycling, walking, and electric vehicles. The Planner will report to the Assistant Director of …Read More »
- The City of Pittsfield (Massachusetts) seeks proposals from qualified firms or individuals to undertake a planning process to develop a City-wide bicycle facilities master plan. The City desires to develop a safe and accessible City-wide network that accommodates transportation by bicycle for all users, whether travelling to work, shopping, or …Read More »
- SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under general direction coordinates the zoning and subdivision plan review process and performs technical work in connection with studies and recommendations relating to the physical development of the Town. Manchester is a vibrant, diverse and growing small city of nearly 60,000 people 10 miles east of Hartford. …Read More »
To see more jobs click here