The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,400-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
- September Planner Therapy Is being planned for the last week of September. Details will be available soon! See you there!Read More »
- Northern New England Chapter – APA Now Open! Early bird registration for NNECAPA’s Annual Northern New England Planning Conference is now open: https://nne.planning.org/meetings/conference/ This year’s annual NNECAPA …Read More »
- It has been a long time coming! MAPD has finally entered the 21st century and now has a new, snappy looking website! Please update the bookmarks …Read More »
- SALARY: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 Annually OPENING DATE: 08/20/19 CLOSING DATE: Continuous DESCRIPTION: The Metropolitan Area Planning Council seeks a Senior Clean Energy Specialist/Planner ORClean Energy Specialist/Planner II, who will work on a wide variety of projects in Greater Boston, including undertaking comprehensive local energy and climate planning, technical assistance, and regional procurements; developing …Read More »
- POSITION TITLE: Design Engineer with Bus Transit Focus FLSA STATUS: Exempt DEPARTMENT: Design OFFICE: Boston, MA DATE REVISED: August 15, 2019 SUPERVISOR: Project Manager POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking a bus transit savvy design professional to complement our team of multimodal planners and engineers, committed to improving communities through transportation …Read More »
- GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist in the implementation of the Lead Abatement Program, first-time homebuyer, housing rehabilitation and other affordable housing and community development activities undertaken by the City. The Housing Coordinator will be responsible for creating and implementing an outreach and marketing plan for PCD-funded housing programs—including …Read More »