The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter’s (APA MA) Sustainable Development Committee invites you to Density, Sustainability and MBTA Communities Zoning: A Conversation with Nate Carlucci and Jenn Goldson on Multi-family Zoning District Guidelines & Incorporating Equity, Economy, and Environment
Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 28, 2022
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Register: Webinar Registration - Zoom
This discussion centers on a high-level overview of the new final Compliance Guidelines for Multi-family Zoning Districts Under Section 3A of the Zoning Act, and how to use the new guidelines as an opportunity to pursue sustainability through zoning and density. The presentation will focus on what the guidelines mean for different communities, density examples at the neighborhood scale, and how these efforts are incorporated into state climate action efforts. The discussion will feature a map or Image of what is a developable station area.
We believe the information will be useful to:
- Learn about the new MBTA guidelines and best practices regarding density, TOD, and energy efficiency;
- Understand how these efforts can be integrated into broader development and large-scale planning;
- Be a resource for communities pursuing or thinking of pursuing new and diverse housing based on their designation; and
- See how to incorporate the three prongs of sustainability - Environmental, Equity, Economic.
Attendees will then be able to ask presenters questions about the projects following the presentations.
▸ Nate Carlucci, MBTA Communities Coordinator - DHCD
▸ Jennifer Goldson, AICP, Founder and Managing Director, JMGoldson
Moderator: ▸ Brian Creamer, AICP, SITES AP, Project Manager, Nitsch Engineering
- Thanks to everyone who participated in the APA-MA Sustainable Development Committee Fall Speaker Series – Part II: to Apple Country Natural Climate Solutions: A Regional Collaboration …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who joined us for the APA-MA Sustainable Development Committee Fall Speaker Series – Part I: Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Planning and Action: A …Read More »
- For those of you looking for an escape to Maine for peak leaf-peeping season, the Northern New England Planning Conference will be held at Sunday …Read More »
- The SNEAPA Conference Committee is pleased to announce that registration for this year’s Southern New England American Planning Association (SNEAPA) Regional Planning Conference is open! The Conference …Read More »
- Congratulations to Ralph Willmer, FAICP, who will serve as the new AICP Ethics Officer following the retirement of Jim Peters. The AICP Ethics Officer plays …Read More »
- It is time again to recognize and celebrate recent planning success stories and those who make a difference in the planning profession. The American Planning Association …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who joined us on July 20th for the APA-MA Transportation Committee and the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization/CTPS event “Measuring and Managing …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who joined us on July 27th, for the APA MA Economic Development Committee webinar with municipal finance leaders Joe Minicozzi and Shayne Kavanaugh, who discussed us how land use …Read More »
APA-MA Virtual Lunch N’ Learn – DesegregateCT: Vision, analysis, and action on inclusive housing for all communities – Recording!Thanks to everyone who joined us for this important conversation! DesegregateCT is a pro-homes coalition of neighbors and nonprofits advocating for more equitable, affordable, and environmentally-sustainable …Read More »
Thank You for being a Sponsor!
- The Town of Hull is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of Associate Planner. The Associate Planner will work to carry out the regulatory planning and development functions of the department under the direction of the Community Development and Planning Director. The position will work closely with the Planning …Read More »
- Boxborough, MA (pop 5,500+/-) seeks Town Planner who also acts as Director of new Office of Land Use & Permits. Oversees implementation and evolution of the Master Plan, researches and recommends zoning bylaws to reflect the same and the evolving market and practice, conducts plan review for local permitting action …Read More »
- Calvert County, MD is looking for a Principal Planner. Please follow the link below for more information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/calvert/jobs/3594478/principal-planner-regional-planning-planning-and-zoning?keywords=principal%20planner&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobsRead More »
- Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (“MassTech”) on behalf of the Massachusetts Broadband Institute (“MBI”) is issuing this Solicitation for Municipal Digital Equity Planning Services (the “Program”) (Solicitation No. 2023-MBI-03 ). About the Program The ability to engage in digital equity planning activities will be a critical step for municipal leaders and staff …Read More »
- This position focuses on short, intermediate and long-term planning initiatives in the areas of: land use, housing, commercial/economic development, infrastructure and energy, open space and environmental concerns. The position supports the work of the Planning and Development Director and will assist the Director in his/her various duties and assignments as …Read More »
- The Southern New Hampshire Planning Commission (SNHPC) is seeking an experienced Planner with project management skills to complement our professional planning staff. The Planner will work with the Commission’s staff, municipalities, state, and federal agencies on the implementation of transportation, land use, and environmental planning projects. The position will work …Read More »
- The City of Worcester established its new Department of Transportation & Mobility (DTM) in July 2022. In partnership with other agencies and municipal departments, DTM plans, coordinates, designs, and implements transportation programs and projects that promote safe, equitable and sustainable mobility options. The City seeks applicants for the position of Transportation …Read More »
- The City of Worcester established its new Department of Transportation & Mobility (DTM) in July 2022. In partnership with other agencies and municipal departments, DTM plans, coordinates, designs, and implements transportation programs and projects that promote safe, equitable and sustainable mobility options. The City of Worcester seeks applicants for the …Read More »
- The town of Shrewsbury is looking to hire a Director of Planning and Economic Development. Follow this link for the job description, an updated compensation table, or to apply: https://www.shrewsburyma.gov/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=106&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=Director-of-Planning-Economic-Developmen-223Read More »
- Transportation Planner 1 (Grants & Socioeconomics) (40 Hour) Recruitment #220908-8875FS-001 Location – Newington, CT Date Opened – 9/13/2022 12:00:00 AM Salary – $72,374 – $99,886/year Job Type – Open to the Public Close Date – 9/26/2022 11:59:00 PM The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT), Bureau of Policy and Planning is recruiting for a Transportation …Read More »
- The Community Development & Planning Department seeks an individual to provide planning analysis of transportation projects and initiatives, and coordinate transportation policy and planning for the City. Takes the lead on transportation planning to attain the City’s climate goals, including transportation demand management, complete streets planning, and supporting transportation modes …Read More »
- The Martha’s Vineyard Commission is seeking an Island Housing Planner to work individually and as part of a team to promote housing opportunities on the Island. The Housing Planner works closely with various organizations to support regional housing needs through technical assistance, research, analysis, and community outreach; and serves as …Read More »
To see more jobs click here