The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
2022 APA-MA Annual Awards - Registration Opens November 9th!
APA-MA Annual Awards
It's time again to recognize and celebrate recent planning success stories and those who make a difference in the planning profession! Please join us for the 2022 APA-MA Annual Awards! Celebrate the holiday season and honor innovative planning projects and professionals across Massachusetts.
Awards will be presented on Friday, December 9th, 12:00 pm at the New Bedford Whaling Museum . Please be sure to register by 5:00 pm, Wednesday November 30, 2022. This event always sells out so register early! Walk-ins are discouraged.
Hope to see you there!
The Fall 2022 issue of Massachusetts Planning is here! Click here to download!
- Thanks to everyone who participated in the APA-MA Sustainable Development Committee Fall Speaker Series – Part III: Density, Sustainability, and MBTA Communities Zoning: A Conversation with …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who participated in the APA-MA Sustainable Development Committee Fall Speaker Series – Part II: to Apple Country Natural Climate Solutions: A Regional Collaboration …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who joined us for the APA-MA Sustainable Development Committee Fall Speaker Series – Part I: Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Planning and Action: A …Read More »
- Congratulations to Ralph Willmer, FAICP, who will serve as the new AICP Ethics Officer following the retirement of Jim Peters. The AICP Ethics Officer plays …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who joined us on July 20th for the APA-MA Transportation Committee and the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization/CTPS event “Measuring and Managing …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who joined us on July 27th, for the APA MA Economic Development Committee webinar with municipal finance leaders Joe Minicozzi and Shayne Kavanaugh, who discussed us how land use …Read More »
APA-MA Virtual Lunch N’ Learn – DesegregateCT: Vision, analysis, and action on inclusive housing for all communities – Recording!Thanks to everyone who joined us for this important conversation! DesegregateCT is a pro-homes coalition of neighbors and nonprofits advocating for more equitable, affordable, and environmentally-sustainable …Read More »
- Thanks to everyone who joined us live for the APA-MA Housing & Community Development Committee’s first four “Lunchtime Conversation” meetings! These conversations have been well …Read More »
- APA-MA has volunteer opportunities to serve on the APA-MA Board of Directors: Northeast and Cape & Islands Regional Representatives. Learn more about these positions by …Read More »
Thank You for being a Sponsor!
- Strafford Regional Planning Commission (SRPC) seeks a full-time housing navigator to join its innovative, collaborative, and dedicated staff team. The housing navigator will work closely with the Towns of Farmington and New Durham to address housing shortages, challenges, and opportunities. To this end, the navigator will engage community members, build …Read More »
- The Martha’s Vineyard Commission is seeking a full-time Development of Regional Impact (DRI) Coordinator. This position plays a central role at the MVC, the Island’s regional planning agency, working directly with applicants, commissioners, town officials, MVC staff, the public, and others to coordinate and facilitate the review of DRI projects, …Read More »
- The Franklin Regional Council of Governments (FRCOG) is seeking a full-time (37.5 hours/week) Transportation Planner to work on a variety of transportation planning projects. The FRCOG is an interdisciplinary and innovative regional planning agency that serves the twenty-six communities in Franklin County including historic mill towns, rural communities, and growing …Read More »
- Recruitment #221109-8876FE-001 Location – Newington, CT Date Opened – 11/15/2022 12:00:00 AM Salary – $83,326 – $119,928/year Job Type – Open to the Public Close Date – 12/5/2022 11:59:00 PM The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) is now accepting applications for a Transportation Planner 2 – Air Quality …Read More »
- The Chelsea Housing Authority (Chelsea, MA) is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Executive Director. For a summary, including salary information, go to https://massnahro.org/networking/apply_now.aspx?view=2&id=747877 For a complete job description go to https://files.constantcontact.com/a08b9b0e001/e6235385-ca7e-4235-8504-14bb7a801866.pdf. To apply please submit resume, cover letter, and a list of appropriate references to: …Read More »
- The Mayor’s Office, working in tandem with the Somerville Arts Council (SAC), OSPCD Planning, Preservation, & Zoning (PPZ) and Economic Development (Econ) divisions, promotes equitable access to arts and cultural space and equitable representation of diverse communities, histories, and artistic expression. The Arts Space Manager is a leadership position and requires team …Read More »
- The Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development District (SRPEDD) is seeking a self-starting team player who enjoys collaborating as well as working on their own and is independent enough to take the initiative and serve as a reliable, effective project manager on meaningful and substantive planning projects. Under the supervision …Read More »
- The Cambridge Redevelopment Authority (CRA) seeks a Project Manager to join our small team who will help develop and lead a diverse array of real estate and community development initiatives. The CRA is finalizing a new strategic plan and expects to expand its programs in the areas of affordable housing, …Read More »
- Concord, MA (17,000 pop.), is seeking highly qualified candidates who are passionate about progressive professional municipal management, serving this historic and engaged community, and being part of a committed municipal organization, for the position of Deputy Town Manager. The Deputy Town Manager serves as second-in-command of the overall operation of the …Read More »
- The Merrimack Valley Planning Commission (MVPC) is seeking a dynamic individual to manage the physical office space and serve as the communications coordinator for our staff and agency Commissioners. Under the supervision of the Executive Director and program managers, the Office Administrator/Communications Specialist will provide support for a wide variety …Read More »
- One position is available The PVPC is seeking candidates for a Senior Planner I or Senior Planner II position. This position performs a wide variety of planning tasks, focusing on the environment and water quality, necessary to advance the PVPC’s mission of catalyzing regional progress. Much of the work of …Read More »
- The New York State Department of State Office of Planning, Development and Community Infrastructure is looking for a talented, motivated and innovative leader for the Revitalization Specialist 2 position. The successful incumbent will lead a team of planners and project managers responsible for high profile economic and community development programs, …Read More »
To see more jobs click here