The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
APA-MA Economic Development Committee Virtual Learning Opportunity!
Are you interested in learning how development decisions impact municipal budgets? In this day of budget belt-tightening, how we develop is even more crucial. On July 27 at 9:00 am, the APA MA Economic Development Committee will be hearing from thought leaders Joe Minicozzi and Shayne Kavanaugh who will be discussing with us how land use planning and development patterns can boost our tax base.
As our meetings are open to anyone interested, you are cordially invited to attend. Their work shows graphically how compact/mixed use development is revenue positive while low density and sprawling development patterns create negative fiscal impacts. Their case studies are fascinating and compelling. You should attend if you are an advocate of smart growth.
If interested, please email Paul Digiuseppe at email@example.com for the ZOOM link prior to the meeting.
If you want to get a sense of their work, please read their recent article “The Root of Local Government Revenues: Rethinking the Intersection between Land Use Planning and Finances to Boost the Revenue Productivity of the Tax Base”
- Here’s the Summer 2022 Issue of Massachusetts Planning! We hope you enjoy this issue and find the articles interesting, informative and useful. As always, your comments and suggestions …Read More »
- SNEAPA 2022 Planning is Underway! SNEAPA has gone virtual for the past two years due to the COVID pandemic. As we approach the deadline for …Read More »
Thank You for being a Sponsor!
- Salary range $54,930 – $72,054 plus benefits. BA and experience in planning and/or zoning. GIS experience. CAZEO certification a plus. Job description and application available at www.coventryct.org. Apply online or submit Town job application form and resume to Office of the Town Manager, Town of Coventry, 1712 Main Street, Coventry, …Read More »
- The Town of Spencer seeks candidates for the position of Town Planner / Conservation Agent. This position reports to the Town Administrator and is responsible for planning, directing, managing, and overseeing the Town’s planning, economic development, and conservation activities, including direct staffing and support of the Planning Board, Zoning Board …Read More »
- The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (DOT), is recruiting for a Transportation Planning Director in the Bureau of Policy and Planning, at our headquarters located in Newington Connecticut. This Transportation Director position will lead a newly formed Office of Policy & Intergovernmental Affairs. This Transportation Director position and dedicated …Read More »
- Position Title: Town Planner Department: Planning Department Union/Grade: G-8 / AFSCME Salary Range: $79, 537 – 104,750 Description of Position: Town of Wayland seeks qualified innovative candidates for the full-time Town Planner position. Primary responsibilities are to support the Town Manager, Planning Board, and Select Board …Read More »
- The Town of Norton, Massachusetts, seeks a results-oriented professional to perform a variety of administrative, technical and professional work overseeing land use planning, community and economic development efforts. Working under the general guidance of the Town Manager, the Town Planner/Economic Development Director will provide staff assistance to the Planning Board. …Read More »
- The Town of Canton seeks qualified candidates for Town Planner. Position performs complex planning, administrative and supervisory work for the Town. Develops sound approaches to growth and development; assesses proposals for growth control, land use development, community housing strategies and zoning by-law changes; develops long range planning studies; assists in …Read More »
- PIONEER VALLEY PLANNING COMMISSION (PVPC) SENIOR PLANNER I/SENIOR PLANNER II – HOUSING LAND USE AND ENVIRONMENT DEPARTMENT One position is available. The PVPC is seeking candidates for a Senior Planner – Housing. Under general supervision, the Senior Planner – Housing performs a wide variety of planning tasks necessary to advance …Read More »
- The Western Connecticut Council of Governments seeks a qualified, experienced, and highly-motivated person to serve as a planner or project manager and provide support on a variety of transportation planning activities. Salary Range: $55,000-$100,000 (depending on qualifications) with a competitive benefits package Location: Hybrid work environment in Sandy Hook, CT …Read More »
- Recruitment #220505-5940MP-001 Location – Newington, CT Date Opened – 5/6/2022 12:00:00 AM Salary – $141,099 – $192,394/year* Job Type – Open to the Public Close Date – 7/15/2022 11:59:00 PM The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (CTDOT), is seeking qualified candidates for Bureau Chief of Public Transportation to develop, manage, …Read More »
- The Rhode Island DOT Office of Transit is looking for a Senior Planner. Follow this link for more information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rhodeisland/jobs/3601434/senior-planner?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobsRead More »
- Post Doctoral Research Associate – Landscape Architecture and Regional Planning Apply now Job no: 514463 Work type: Post Doc (Amherst Only) Location: UMass Amherst Department: Landscape Arch & Regional Plan Union: Post Doc Categories: Postdoctoral Research Associate, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences About UMass Amherst UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth’s …Read More »
- SLR International Corporation is seeking a Planner II (3 to 6 years of experience) to serve as valuable members of our Community Planning team located in New England. Who We Are We are a team of talented, committed, and energetic people who are motivated by challenge, diversity, and team success. …Read More »
To see more jobs click here