The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,400-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
APA-MA is organizing a group to focus on Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity. We are seeking members to participate in this initiative. The group will work on issues related to diversity, inclusion, and equity, including helping to plan events/activities and identifying strategies to help the chapter increase broader understanding and representation within our field. Please email APA-MA Vice President, Alison LeFlore if you're interested!
Are you interested in hosting a Planning Webcast session? If you have never hosted a session before, do not fear! Contact Christine Dersi Davis at email@example.com, and she will walk you through the steps! Available dates for the next few months are below. Remember, you may reserve a date with Christine Dersi Davis before having all the session information together!
- March 13 March 27th
- April 3
- May 1 May 8, May 15, May 22
Here are some upcoming webcasts. Click on the title links to register
February 21 | 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET
Feminist Cities: Gender Mainstreaming and Substantive Equity
Sponsored by APA Women and Planning Division
February 28 | 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET
Sea Level Rise 101: How to Select and Use Sea Level Rise Data for Planning and Policy Decisions
Sponsored by APA HMDR Division
- Interested in taking the AICP Exam this spring or fall and looking for some assistance or a refresher? APA-MA can help! We are proud to …Read More »
- In APA-MA’s Spotlight Series, we chat with planners across the Commonwealth about their communities, their newest projects, and their career paths. The next installment in …Read More »
- You may have noticed that there have been no emails being received or posted through the trusty MassPlanners Email Listserv. No, you have not been unsubscribed! …Read More »
- Mark your calendar now for the 2020 CPTC Annual Conference, Saturday, March 21, 2020 is the date at Holy Cross College in Worcester. The Conference features workshops on Massachusetts …Read More »
- Planner Therapy has come to western Massachusetts! Get together with your fellow planners at the following two events. Share some good times at these local …Read More »
- The Rhode Island Department of Administration/Division of Purchases is soliciting proposals from qualified teams to redevelop the Cranston Street Armory. The State seeks to redevelop the Armory in order to restore and activate an architectural and historic landmark which has the potential to stimulate economic and community development opportunities for the …Read More »
- Job Description: Under the supervision of the Transportation Planning Manager, SRPEDD seeks part time summer interns to perform a variety of transportation data collection tasks necessary to support the day-to-day functions of the agency. Duties include assisting with the temporary installation of traffic counting equipment, manual turning movement traffic counting, …Read More »
Transportation Planning Technician – Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development District (SRPEDD)Under the supervision of the Transportation Planning Manager, with potential additional tasks to be completed, as needed, on behalf of other parts of the agency, the Transportation Planning Technician assists primarily with data collection, and in supporting the day-to-day functions of a busy Regional Planning Agency (RPA), one of thirteen …Read More »
- While housing prices have climbed to record highs in Greater Boston, home values in Gateway Cities remain below 2006 levels. With continued low housing values, the cost of maintenance can exceed home values and lead to increasing disrepair and eventually abandoned properties. In the Gateway Cities of Fall River, Fitchburg, …Read More »
- The town of Brookline is accepting applications for a Planner in the Economic Development & Long-Term Planning Division of the Department of Planning and Community Development. Brookline seeks an entrepreneurial planner to lead a series of district planning projects – from designing an inclusive public process through implementation. Supports other …Read More »
- The Windham Regional Commission (WRC) seeks a highly skilled, self-motivated, full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) Planner with a transportation and energy emphasis to work with a team of dedicated professionals, volunteer Commissioners, and municipal officials. This planner works directly with the Executive Director to coordinate the WRC’s transportation and energy programs in …Read More »
To see more jobs click here