The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
The Nominating Committee of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA-MA) is seeking candidates interested in serving on the APA-MA Board of Directors for the term beginning January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2023.
Candidates must be current APA-MA Chapter members. APA-MA is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Chapter members from traditionally under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
Positions up for election are the following:
Professional Development Officer
Legislation & Policy Officer
Regional Representatives: Boston, Cape & Islands, Central, Northeast, Southeast, Western
For details about each position see page 3 of the Chapter Bylaws. Download the APA-MA Regional Map adopted October 19, 2018 to determine which region you live or work in. To be on the ballot, please submit a letter of interest to the APA-MA Nominating Committee no later than May 7, 2021 with the following information:
- your full name,
- the position you are running for,
- a short position statement that includes your background, any previous volunteer experience (including with APA and/or APA-MA), why you are the best candidate for this position and headshot photo (optional).
Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you!
Kristen Las, APA-MA Past-President
Angela Cleveland, APA-MA President
Elaine Wijnja, DHCD Liaison
- The Local Host Committee and staff at APA have organized a number of Boston and New England-based health and wellness events in an effort to keep …Read More »
- Happy Hour Social: “Land for a City on a Hill”: A Discussion of Alex Krieger’s Iconic Tour of Boston The American Planning Association National Conference …Read More »
- Thursday May 20, from 5pm-6pm We’ll teach you a technique to de stress and to get your muscles, lungs, and heart destressed as well. You’ll …Read More »
- Here’s the Spring 2021 issue of Massachusetts Planning! We hope you enjoy this issue and find the articles interesting, informative and useful. As always, your …Read More »
- Dear APA-MA Member, This is a reminder that NPC21 is right around the corner. This year’s virtual conference, planned to be held in Boston, is May 5-7. …Read More »
- The Northern New England Chapter of the American Planning Association (NNECAPA) is pleased to host its 2021 Conference from Wednesday October 13th thru Friday October 15th in …Read More »
- Are you looking for law and ethics opportunities? We have two distance education sessions available for on-demand viewing through December 31, 2021: CM | 1.5 LAW …Read More »
- Barrett Planning Group is seeking a Planner with 2-3 years of experience to join our team. Our practice focuses almost exclusively on services for cities and towns. We have an immediate need for a full-time planner to work with our municipal clients on zoning, economic development, and land use planning. …Read More »
- The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission, serving 40 communities in Southern Worcester County, seeks an experienced, innovative, and team-oriented professional land use planner at a level commensurate with experience to join its multi-disciplinary Regional Collaboration and Community Planning staff. This division provides a broad spectrum of support and technical services, …Read More »
- Town of North Kingstown seeks an entry level Planning Technician responsible for work assisting with day-to-day operations of the Planning Department. The individual will assist in plan review, prepare reports, respond to the general public, and conduct studies and analysis relating to a full range of professional planning work in …Read More »
- The Zoning Associate Planner position is a great professional opportunity for someone with a strong interest in zoning and land use regulation to develop their knowledge and skills in an active planning office that engages with a wide range of contemporary urban development issues. Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, real …Read More »
- The Town of Barnstable is seeking qualified candidates for a Housing Coordinator in the Planning & Development Department. The Housing Coordinator will be responsible for advancing the Town’s housing goals and policies and managing the Town’s housing programs and inventories. The Housing Coordinator also contributes to long-range planning and zoning …Read More »
- The Town of Barnstable is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Planner in the Planning & Development Department. The Senior Planner will be responsible for overseeing the Town’s Regulatory Planning program, including advising the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Historic Commissions on development reviews. The Senior Planner also …Read More »
To see more jobs click here