The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
The Nominating Committee of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA-MA) is seeking candidates interested in serving on the APA-MA Board of Directors for the term beginning January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2023.
Candidates must be current APA-MA Chapter members. APA-MA is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Chapter members from traditionally under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
Positions up for election are the following:
Professional Development Officer
Legislation & Policy Officer
Regional Representatives: Boston, Cape & Islands, Central, Northeast, Southeast, Western
Learn more about these positions from the incumbents here: April 16, 2021 APA-MA Board Meeting
For details about each position see page 3 of the Chapter Bylaws. Download the APA-MA Regional Map adopted October 19, 2018 to determine which region you live or work in. In addition, we invite you to join us at an APA-MA Board meeting to learn about these positions! The next meeting is April 16th beginning at 8:30am. Please email us for the Zoom link: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be on the ballot, please submit a letter of interest to the APA-MA Nominating Committee no later than May 7, 2021 with the following information:
- your full name,
- the position you are running for,
- a short position statement that includes your background, any previous volunteer experience (including with APA and/or APA-MA), why you are the best candidate for this position and headshot photo (optional).
Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you!
Kristen Las, APA-MA Past-President
Angela Cleveland, APA-MA President
Elaine Wijnja, DHCD Liaison
- The Northern New England Chapter of the American Planning Association (NNECAPA) is pleased to host its 2021 Conference from Wednesday October 13th thru Friday October 15th in …Read More »
- Are you looking for law and ethics opportunities? We have two distance education sessions available for on-demand viewing through December 31, 2021: CM | 1.5 LAW …Read More »
- Planner’s Therapy is hosting a guest Artist, Sonja Majstoravich to bring you 15 minutes of Art Therapy this month! So bring a sheet of paper …Read More »
- April is promising to be a good month for building a better understanding of affordable housing fundamentals, with workshops focused on regional monitoring, Chapter 40B and the …Read More »
- HUD’s Fair Housing Academy has upcoming workshops. You can view the schedule here: https://www.hudexchange.info/programs/fair-housing/nfhta/ Read More »
- Want an opportunity to boost your business while supporting the well-being of Planner’s at the same time? Sponsor a Planner’s Therapy event this year. This …Read More »
- APA National wants to spotlight Boston + Massachusetts leading up to NPC and we need your help! We have only a few weeks to coordinate …Read More »
- We would like to share some updates with you regarding the National Planning Conference 2021 (NPC21). As you may be aware NPC21, originally scheduled as a …Read More »
- MAPC has a career opportunity for a Regional Planner II/ Generalist. Here is a direct link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mapc/jobs/3047669/regional-planner-ii-generalist?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs Read More »
- We’re hiring! We’re looking for a Director of Equity and Culture with a strong focus in advancing the diversity, equity, and inclusion values within a workplace to join our organization! Check out the job posting here.Read More »
- The Town of North Kingstown, RI seeks an experienced individual for the position of Economic Development & Principal Planner to assist the Planning Department in efforts to enhance the economic vitality of North Kingstown. The individual will be primarily responsible for matching business and economic needs in a manner that …Read More »
- $84,804-$89,972/yr. See full job description Cape Cod’s regional planning and regulatory agency has an opening on its management team to lead its regulatory program. Supervise a staff of three professionals, coordinate with technical and planning staff and work with Commission members in the regulatory review process. The position requires knowledge …Read More »
- $67,769/yr – see complete job description Work collaboratively on a variety of transportation related projects. Determine data collection requirements and methodology, conduct field work, collect and analyze data utilizing GIS and transportation modeling software, and prepare reports and presentations. Requires superior communication, analytical, quantitative and organizational skills; knowledge of transportation planning …Read More »
- On April 14, 2021 the Town of Brookline will release an RFP for consulting services to update the Town’s 2016 Housing Production Plan. Interested proposers will find information about the RFP at the Town’s Purchasing Division webpage on that date: https://www.brooklinema.gov/417/Purchasing-DivisionRead More »
To see more jobs click here