The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community.
The goals of the Chapter are:
- To promote the public good through the application of planning for better decision-making;
- To assist in meeting the needs of residents and citizens in a manner that enhances the quality and distribution of resources in the physical, social, and economic environment;
- To advocate for open, informed, transparent, and inclusive public processes for residents, citizens, and local officials to make the best decisions for the future of their communities;
- To advance the art and science of planning and promote the value of planning within Massachusetts; and
- To provide services and resources to meet the needs of the planning community.