Location: Newington, CT
Date Opened : 11/3/2023 12:00:00 AM
Salary: $53,978 – $74,298/year (*See salary note on job posting.)
Job Type: Open to the Public
Close Date: 11/16/2023 11:59:00 PM
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Transit Transportation Trainee (Connecticut Careers Trainee or CCT) with a target class of Transportation Planner 1 in the Bureau of Public Transportation in Newington.
- Full-time (40 hours per week)
- First shift
- Location: Newington, CT
- Work in one or more of the following areas: Transit Planning, Transit Contract Management and Bus Technology units.
Transit Transportation Trainee Role:
- Entry level positions offering training in public transit planning, management and operations
- Work in a dynamic environment
- Showcase your strong written and oral communication skills
- Develop the tools necessary to become a professional in the field
- Assigned a variety of tasks related to planning and operation of public transportation programs in bus and rail
- Work activities will include:
- Transit operations service planning and oversight, review of compliance with federal and state requirements, data collection, management and reporting, field inspection, technology innovation projects and coordination with the various agencies and private service providers that operate public transportation services under contract with CTDOT
- Overall program oversight including contract development and oversight of operations and maintenance activities, program invoicing, safety oversight, preparation of reports and assessing operations and planning for the future
Candidates must be able to meet the experience and training requirements of the designated job class at the completion of the development program.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.