The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA) is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a 1,100-plus member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Massachusetts communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector and not-for-profit organizations.
The mission of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association is to enhance and support planning in Massachusetts through education, advocacy, outreach, communication, and provision of services & resources to members and the larger planning community, in a manner that maximizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Learn more about The American Planning Association Massachusetts Chapter (APA-MA).
The Nominating Committee of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA-MA) is seeking candidates interested in serving on the APA-MA Board of Directors for the term beginning January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2023.
Candidates must be current APA-MA Chapter members. APA-MA is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Chapter members from traditionally under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
Positions up for election are the following:
Professional Development Officer
Legislation & Policy Officer
Regional Representatives: Boston, Cape & Islands, Central, Northeast, Southeast, Western
For details about each position see page 3 of the Chapter Bylaws. Download the APA-MA Regional Map adopted October 19, 2018 to determine which region you live or work in. To be on the ballot, please submit a letter of interest to the APA-MA Nominating Committee with the following information:
- your full name,
- the position you are running for,
- a short position statement that includes your background, any previous volunteer experience (including with APA and/or APA-MA), why you are the best candidate for this position and headshot photo (optional).
Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you!
Kristen Las, APA-MA Past-President
Angela Cleveland, APA-MA President
Elaine Wijnja, DHCD Liaison
- What: Planner’s Therapy When: Thursday, June 17th 5pm-6pm Where: Zoom Grab your favorite drink and join us for June Planner’s Therapy on Zoom. There’s no …Read More »
- The position of Western Regional Representative to the APA-MA Board of Directors is available! We are looking for a volunteer to fill the position for the …Read More »
- CCAPA is hosting a series of four 1.5 hour educational forums for planners, policymakers, and stakeholders about the issues and data of affordable housing, desegregation, …Read More »
- Here’s the Spring 2021 issue of Massachusetts Planning! We hope you enjoy this issue and find the articles interesting, informative and useful. As always, your …Read More »
- The Northern New England Chapter of the American Planning Association (NNECAPA) is pleased to host its 2021 Conference from Wednesday October 13th thru Friday October 15th in …Read More »
- Notice is hereby given that the Town of Truro is seeking requests for proposals from qualified consultants to provide services to update its Local Comprehensive Plan consistent with Cape Cod Commission requirements for certification. Applicants shall submit Non-Price Proposals and Price Proposals in separate envelopes marked accordingly. Complete proposals (both …Read More »
- The Town of Barnstable is seeking qualified candidates for a Housing Coordinator in the Planning & Development Department. The Housing Coordinator will be responsible for advancing the Town’s housing goals and policies and managing the Town’s housing programs and inventories. The Housing Coordinator also contributes to long-range planning and zoning …Read More »
- Full-time: 37 hours per week Pay: $1,216.39 to $1,540.89 weekly Working under the direction of the Town Manager, this position is responsible for assisting with the analysis of all planning board applications and their potential impact on the town. Provides technical and administrative assistance with all planning board responsibilities and …Read More »
- CivicMoxie is a collaborative team of city planners and urban designers combining an innovative spirit and on-the-ground know-how to ensure plans on paper translate to a vibrant reality with positive outcomes. Our clients range from small non-profits to city planning departments to private clients. Current work includes arts and cultural …Read More »
- The Town of Ashby is seeking a part-time Land Use Agent, to serve as the Town’s principal planning resource. The Agent will be responsible for projects focused on priority planning efforts, and for assisting town officials with issues involving planning, zoning and community development. The majority of the work can …Read More »
- Job Summary Reporting to the Director of Planning Services in the Harvard Planning Office (HPO), the Senior Campus Planner will be part of a team of planners who are guiding the future physical development of Harvard University in the Cities of Boston and Cambridge. Job-Specific Responsibilities The Senior Campus Planner …Read More »
To see more jobs click here