Job Opening – Regional Planner (Bridgeport, CT)
The Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments (MetroCOG) is a multi-discipline, regional planning organization with six member municipalities: the City of Bridgeport and the Towns of Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford, and Trumbull. MetroCOG is governed by a Board of Directors comprising the Chief Elected Officials from each of its six communities.
MetroCOG seeks qualified candidates for the position of Regional Planner. Under the supervision of the Planning Director the Regional Planner will:
- Support a portfolio of local and regional planning studies and technical assistance projects.
- Research potential grant opportunities and assist in drafting/reviewing applications.
- Serve as a liaison between member municipalities, community stakeholders and government agencies during the planning process.
- Facilitate public outreach and participation activities for various initiatives.
- Develop project scopes, schedules, deliverables, and budgets.
- Collect and analyze data to support the regional planning process.
- Create maps and spatially illustrate trends, patterns, and operating conditions.
- Utilize GIS to support municipal/regional planning and public outreach activities.
- Conduct land parcel, network, and/or freight analyses, business inventories and transportation impact assessments.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Regional Metropolitan Transportation Plan and Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP).
- Attend meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions determined by supervisor.
To be considered for the position of Regional Planner, candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study (Urban Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, or a closely related field),
- Minimum of 1-year of relevant work experience,
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented,
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill,
- Ability to think critically and strategically in solving problems,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
- Working knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS Pro is preferable.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time, 35-hour per week hybrid position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance and the option to participate in the agency’s retirement plan matching program. MetroCOG is an equal opportunity employer.
E-mail a cover letter and resume to:
Matthew Fulda, Executive Director
Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments
1000 Lafayette Boulevard, Suite 925
Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604
Position will remain open until filled.
METROCOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer