The incumbent manages all facets of LIHTC Property Management at the Brookline Housing Authority (BHA): enforces lease agreements and timely rent payments by residents, ensures all procedures and units are compliant with applicable regulations, and coordinates with Maintenance and Applications staff to complete vacancy turn-over within the acceptable timeframe. Occasional required attendance at evening and weekend meetings or events. Responsible for overseeing assigned BHA buildings; ensuring optimal function, safety, and resident satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Screens and calculates income for applicants processed and referred by Leased Housing for Tax Credit Program eligibility. Conducts Tax Credit re-certifications for assigned properties. Consults with Leased Housing to ensure timely completion of all re-certifications.
- Conducts new resident orientation: shows units, explains leases, and reviews resident responsibilities and maintenance requirements. Ensures required paperwork is completed by all new residents and is entered into PHA-Web database system.
- Assists with Resident and Applicant Grievance Process. Ensures parties receive fair and equitable treatment. Advises residents of lease violations and eviction proceedings; interacts with counsel regarding resident evictions; attends pre-termination hearings; provides documentation and assistance as needed during process of grievances, pre-termination hearings, and evictions as needed.
- Maintains records of vacant units, prepares weekly move-in and move-out lists; works closely with Maintenance to inspect vacant units and ensure a timely turnover. Conducts annual unit inspections as well as move-in and move-out inspections.
- Performs daily inspections of buildings and grounds to observe conditions of property. Works with Maintenance Department to resolve unsatisfactory conditions of units, common areas, and grounds.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in Property Management. Must have proof of current LIHTC Certification. Possession of a valid driver’s license and insurability under the Authority’s plan preferred.
Must have strong computer skills (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks. Strong knowledge of LIHTC through certification and experience, knowledge of HUD Secure Systems, DHCD, PHA-Web and affordable housing accounting/compliance software systems a plus.
A full job description is available at www.brooklinehousing.org. Submit a resume detailing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or letters.
Compensation depends upon qualifications and is in accordance with a Collective Bargaining Agreement. The BHA offers a strong comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including state GIC health insurance and a defined-benefit pension.
The BHA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, Section 3 employer. Females, LGBTQ individuals, minorities, veterans, Section 3 qualifying individuals, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.