Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates is seeking a highly organized, experienced, independent, and motivated senior-level staff member for our nationally recognized multimodal planning practice in Boston. We are seeking an individual with at least six years of experience and a strong interest in integrated, multimodal transportation planning as well as some background in developing sustainable strategies to improve community accessibility and mobility. Nelson\Nygaard offers a dynamic and self-directed work environment that is fast-paced, congenial, and supportive. This is your opportunity to work with one of the most innovative groups of planners and engineers in the United States, including highly talented junior and support staff. Our office culture is built upon diversity and creativity.
At a minimum, the candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- At least 6 years of increasing responsible experience in multimodal transportation planning, engineering, or design.
- A bachelor’s degree in city/urban planning, economics, geography, public policy, political science, civil engineering, or similar field. A master’s degree in one of these fields is looked upon favorably. Demonstrated experience or expertise in lieu of precise educational attainment may also meet this requirement.
- Demonstrate recent consulting experience or – for candidates from agency backgrounds – a strong aptitude for scoping and communicating project approaches.
- Successful and sustained experience in business development (i.e., winning work); if you have public agency experience, grant writing and successful RFP development are applicable skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and other communication skills, including facilitation of public workshops.
- The ability to manage complex projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Salary and Benefits
Title placement and the annual salary range equivalent for this position depends on qualifications and years of experience.
- Senior Associate I: $85,500 – $109,250
- Senior Associate II: $99,000 – $126,500
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; pre-tax transit and bicycling benefits; a 401k program; life insurance; and paid time off. Additionally, we offer opportunities for in-person and in-office collaboration as well as flexibility for work from home up to 3 days per week.
Applying for the Position
For more information and to apply, please click HERE. Qualified and interested candidates must submit the following items:
- Cover letter
- Work samples that highlight your skills. Please do not exceed 6 MB.