Transportation Planner 2 – Performance Management (40 Hour)
Location: Newington, CT
Date Opened 5/16/2023 12:00:00 AM
Salary: $83,326 – $119,928/year
Job Type: Open to the Public
Close Date: 6/5/2023 11:59:00 PM
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) is now accepting applications for an exciting Transportation Planner 2 position in our Performance Management Unit at our Newington Headquarters.
We are seeking a dynamic motivated candidate for this opportunity to track the status of Department reporting requirements for compliance with federal legislation and to coordinate related required activities, including coordination with Metropolitan Planning Organizations and internal offices to ensure data and document compliance with federal requirements. This position will be responsible for independently leading cross-functional groups of technical experts and other stakeholders in collaborative efforts and managing multiple concurrent priorities while meeting deadlines.
– Monday – Friday
– Full-time (40 hours per week)
– First shift
– Location: Newington, CT
– In P-4 (Engineering, Scientific and Technical) bargaining unit
– This position is eligible to apply for telework after successful completion of the working test period, and thereafter, in accordance with the Telework Policy. Employees in their initial working test period must work on site in the office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of professional experience in transportation civil engineering or transportation, urban, regional or environmental planning.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must include individual responsibility for the coordination of complex planning projects in a relevant planning area.
Note: For State Employees this is interpreted at the level of Transportation Planner 1 or Transportation Engineer 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
- College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
- A Master’s degree in civil engineering, transportation, urban, regional or environmental planning may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.