The purpose of this position is to support the Director of Leased Housing & Applications by directing the administrative operations of all Housing Choice and Project-Based Vouchers, Rental Assistance Demonstration, and Massachusetts Rental Voucher programs (HCV, PBV, RAD, MRVP), including supervision of the Leased Housing staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees administration of leased housing rental voucher programs, including: HCVP, PBVP, RAD and MRVP;
- Supervises the Leased Housing Manager team responsible for completing all required annual reexaminations, interim reexaminations, and relocations across the HCVP portfolio;
- Reviews and interprets federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to all Leased Housing Rental Assistance Programs;
- Develops and maintains working written procedures for the processes necessary to properly administer BHA’s rental assistance programs and uphold program integrity;
- Promotes and facilitates landlord-resident relations, resolves complex landlord-resident disputes in a timely and professional manner and manages landlord payments; Ensures timely payments of monthly rental subsidies of Housing Choice Voucher Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) to HCVP landlords; administers payments to MVRP landlords; records direct deposit information as required;
- Serves as primary liaison for property owners with BHA Project-Based Housing Choice Voucher contracts and other housing partnership agreements;
- Analyzes and determines overpayments in rental subsidies and recommends with the execution of repayment agreements and monitors monthly payment collections;
- Reviews a variety of management reports on a monthly or as needed basis to ensure compliance with program regulations and Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) requirements;
- Administers all voucher portability transactions for the BHA’s HCVP portfolio;
- Completes the timely completion of all annual and interim reexaminations for participants of the MRVP Program;
- Executes housing assistant payment contracts–coordinates with Applications Department staff as required, including waitlist and application management, and tenant selection to ensure timely lease-ups for the PBV and RAD portfolios;
- Oversees the Leased Housing and Admissions Department in the Director’s absence;
- Coordinates with other departments and contractors, including: HQS inspectors, preparing and participating in applicant briefings, producing program materials, and assisting with case management and grievances;
- Develops and maintains a training curriculum and onboarding process for new team members.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, public administration, or related field and minimum of five (5) years of experience in public and/or rental assistance programs, including minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
Must have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) and ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks. Experience with PHA-Web housing software a plus.
Full job description available at www.brooklinehousing.org. Submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or letters.
The BHA offers a competitive salary and strong benefits package, including state GIC health insurance and a defined-benefit pension.
The BHA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, Section 3 employer. Females, LGBTQ individuals, minorities, veterans, Section 3 qualifying individuals, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.