The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals, for the position of Transportation Supervising Planner, located in the Office of Transit & Ridesharing, Support Services Unit, in Newington, CT.
Comprehensive Benefit Offerings:
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage.
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings.
- Paid time off – including 13 paid holidays per calendar year.
- Professional growth and paid professional development opportunities.
- A healthy work-life balance to all employees.
The Transportation Supervising Planner role will supervise an operating unit engaged in transportation planning studies, programs and related activities. The Office of Transit & Ridesharing, Support Services Unit, will manage the Drug and Alcohol Testing Program, the Statewide Insurance Consortium, the Rural Transit Assistance Program, the Authority for Expenditure process, and the Veteran’s Stand Down transportation. Discover the opportunity to engage with:
- Agreement preparation and processing
- Requests for proposals
- Internal/external inventories
- Annual Transit Rodeo, and Park and Ride lots
- Performs related duties as required
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Monday through Friday schedule on first shift
- Hybrid telework options available
- Location: 2800 Berlin Tpke, Newington, CT
The mission of the DOT is to provide a safe and efficient intermodal transportation network that improves the quality of life and promotes economic vitality for the State and the region. As one of Connecticut’s largest State agencies, DOT employs approximately 3,000 individuals statewide in five distinct bureaus. We have a significant transportation infrastructure system that is essential to maintaining mobility for Connecticut residents and businesses and supporting economic and community development while preserving the State’s resources. The Department of Transportation is committed to cultivating a diverse staff that is representative of the communities we serve.