Location – Newington, CT
Date Opened – 11/15/2022 12:00:00 AM
Salary – $83,326 – $119,928/year
Job Type – Open to the Public
Close Date – 12/5/2022 11:59:00 PM
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) is now accepting applications for a Transportation Planner 2 – Air Quality position in Newington, CT, to assist in employing the state’s air quality model to forecast the impact of vehicle miles of travel and ridership on the state’s air quality. If you are a team player who wishes to analyze and prepare support data for executive decision makers in developing the best programs and plans for the future of our state transportation system, this position may be for you.
Duties of this position will include:
- Performing complex tasks and assignments related to coordinating and reviewing transportation planning programs
- Conducting detailed analysis of air quality emission reductions utilizing EPA required MOVES software
- Participating in the development of motor vehicle emission budgets for various nonattainment areas within the State of Connecticut for criteria pollutants
- Reviewing project plans and designs to determine air quality conformity determination status
- Participating in preparation and negotiation of agreements and contracts
- Preparing person hour estimates
- Participating in corridor studies
- Preparing and reviewing reports, studies, and surveys for compliance with department standards and needs and state and federal laws and regulations
- Coordinating activities with regional, state, and federal agencies, and managing consultants.
- Conducting data analysis using mathematical, statistical, and other quantitative methods
- Analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Reviewing data analysis prepared by others
- Performing related duties as required
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.