The incumbent will coordinate full-cycle construction project planning, ensuring that Capital Improvement projects are completed efficiently and in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and applicable program rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the procurement of architects, engineers, and contractors pursuant to state and federal procurement laws/guidelines (MGL Chapters 30B and 149 and 2 CFR Part 200) and ethical procedures in accordance with Conflict of Interest laws.
- Develops RFPs for architecture and engineering services; assembles technical specifications and contract documents for solicitation of contractors to perform a variety of development and construction activities.
- Reviews and approves plans and specifications prior to bidding; manages the bidding process; arranges pre-bid site visits in conjunction with architects/engineers.
- Coordinates and establishes project schedules and monitors projects in progress, ensuring that project objectives are being met and that contractors’ work products are consistent with contract terms, taking appropriate and prompt action in the event of deficiencies; reviews change orders to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of requests.
- Ensures contractors are compliant with contract requirements; meets with contractors to resolve issues and problems; reads and interprets confidential contractor information; conducts contractor wage interviews.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture, or related field and a minimum of four (4) years of experienceinconstructionorprojectmanagement.Experiencewithstateandfederalpublichousingand/or affordable housing preferred.
Must have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) and ability to learn other computer software programs.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications along with a resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls or letters. Full job description at www.brooklinehousing.org.
BHA offers a competitive salary and strong benefits package, including state GIC health insurance and a defined-benefit pension.
The BHA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, Section 3 employer. Females, LGBTQ individuals, minorities, veterans, Section 3 qualifying individuals, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.