The Town of Barnstable is seeking a consultant or consultant team to lead a planning and design process that will evaluate the existing Downtown Hyannis traffic network and streetscape, engage the community for input and feedback, and create an urban design and transportation plan for Downtown Hyannis that:
- Addresses congestion that can increase as residential density is increased
- Places more of an emphasis on pedestrians
- Enhances the public realm through placemaking in support of economic development
- Employs traffic calming to enhance safety
- Encourages multi-modal transportation
Proposals are due May 11 at 2:00 pm.