The Executive Office of Economic Development seeks applicants for the position of Senior Planner to provide support to the Planning and Regulatory Services Division. The Senior Planner, working with other Division staff, provides professional and technical assistance to the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA). Responsibilities include managing project applications, coordinating board meetings, conducting development review, preparing meeting minutes, and issuing decisions. The Senior Planner also supports current and long-range planning activities involving subjects such as land use, zoning, urban design, and comprehensive planning. Attendance at evening meetings required, typically 2 or 3 meetings per month.
- Bachelor’s Degree in city or regional planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, geography or other related discipline PLUS three (3) years of professional experience in planning, development review, or a directly related field; OR,
- A Master’s Degree in city or regional planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, geography or other related discipline PLUS one (1) year of professional experience in planning, development review, or a directly related field will be considered in lieu of the above mentioned requirements.
- Two (2) or more years of experience providing professional support and/or serving on a Planning Board and/or Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Familiarity with review of development plans (site plans, parking plans, etc.).
- Familiarity applying planning principles and techniques in a work setting.
- Customer Service experience (working with the public).
- Prior experience working in a municipal setting.
SALARY RANGE: $66,663.34 – $74,114.44 annually, full-time, exempt, with an excellent benefits package.
For full position details and to apply by Feb 4, 2022, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment.
The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.