The City of Chicopee’s Department of Planning & Development is hiring an Associate Planner. This individual will be responsible for planning, community planning, and individual planning. Additionally, the Associate Planner requires skills related to plan and implementation efforts including grant proposal development, grant administration, and project management. The Associate Planner will focus primarily on grant program administration and project management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE
- Research, develop, and submit grant proposals to public, private and non-profit granting agencies for projects and planning activities being pursued by the Department and/or assistance to other City Departments pursing grant programs.
- Administer grant programs awarded to the Department
- Manage projects being funded via grant programs awarded to the Department
- Assist department staff with the planning and implantation of necessary planning activities and/or projects related to Comprehensive Planning.
- Assist Department Staff with the organization of community events and associated community outreach.
- Participate in evening and weekend community meetings as needed.
To be minimally qualified for this position, one must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban/city planning, landscape architecture, public policy, or related area of study in addition to a minimum of two four years of planning experience in any capacity.
- AICP Certification or the desire to pursue certification is desired but not required.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
The City of Chicopee provides its employees (contingent upon employment status) with a robust benefits package which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Sick-Time, Life Insurance, Holiday Pay, Personal Time, Vacation Time, Retirement Saving Plans, a Pension Plan, Employee Discounts, and more.
This is a full time, 40 hour work week position.
This role is classified as Grade A7/Step 1 with a minimum starting pay of $22.04 per hour, with periodic step and pay increases upon continuous completion of employment with the City of Chicopee.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity aligns with your skills, experience and employment goals, apply today by one of the following:
- Go to gov/jobs and apply online by selecting the job and ‘Apply Now’
- OR Select ‘download application’ on the City’s employment page and deliver it along with your resume to the Department of Human Resources, located at Chicopee City Hall,274 Front Street, 1st Fl. Chicopee, MA. 01013.
Questions? Text, Call, or Email:
P: (413) 594-1512
C: (413) 523-2394