About the Quonset Development Corporation
The Quonset Development Corporation (QDC) is a quasi-state agency responsible for the management of the 3,200-acre Quonset Business Park in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. The Quonset Business Park is a statewide asset, and QDC seeks to develop the Park in the best interest of the citizens of Rhode Island to attract in order to retain successful businesses that provide diverse employment opportunities. In broad terms, QDC aims to create additional jobs, stimulate private sector investment and create additional tax base.
QDC is seeking a Project Manager with experience in planning, site design, real estate development, regulatory review and/or grant management to join the team responsible for overseeing the development of the Quonset Business Park. As part of the Planning and Development Department, the Project Manager will focus on providing Development Services, and will be responsible for a variety of tasks and projects related to the Business Park’s overall development, including preparing conceptual plans for real estate projects, overseeing the site plan review process, managing the Park’s Technical Review Committee, administering grant projects, and managing the work of development consultants. QDC is a small organization composed of high energy staff who are involved in a variety of projects and take on a wide range of responsibilities. The ideal candidate for the Project Manager, Development Services position will be highly organized and motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and capable of prioritizing work tasks.
The Project Manager, Development Services will undertake the following activities, at minimum:
- Coordinate and streamline the review of site development applications to facilitate development activity within the Business Park, which includes review of development proposals for conformance with QDC regulations and standards, providing information to applicants and the public, preparing written correspondence related to development activities, and managing the Quonset Business Park Technical Review Committee.
- Coordinate QDC’s involvement in the building permit approval process with the State Building Code Commissioner’s Office.
- Prepare conceptual plans for the development of real estate within the Quonset Business Park, based on guidance received from QDC’s Managing Director and Director of Planning and Development.
- Participate in meetings with potential and current tenants to discuss real estate needs.
- Assist in preparing local, state, and federal grant applications and administering grant programs once received.
- Interact with prospective tenants, property owners, Professional Engineers, architects, contractors, State agencies and other consultants to discuss and resolve design and submission issues associated with development and permitting.
- Coordinate final inspection of development projects for consistency with QDC standards and plan approvals.
- Manage the work of professional consultants, including surveyors and architects, retained by QDC.
- Develop reports, maps, presentation-style graphics, calculations, visualizations and sketches for park-wide infrastructure projects, master planning, and real estate development projects.
- Act as QDC’s representative when required, including with existing and potential tenants, representatives from the host community (North Kingstown), other State agencies, and members of the business community.
Experience and Qualifications
Candidates for the Project Manager, Development Services position must have:
- A proficient working knowledge of and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in site plan development and/or review.
- Experience facilitating meetings, managing consultants, and creating illustrative, presentation-level graphics.
- Experience in applying for grants and administering grant programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, the ability to prioritize work to achieve outcomes within set timelines, and the ability to organize digital information.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (engineering, urban/community planning, landscape architecture, etc.).
- Proficiency in Geographic Information Systems, AutoCAD, the Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (or some combination of these software programs).
Salary Range: $92,400 to $100,700 DOE
Quonset Development Corporation offers a generous benefit package to full time employees including; Blue Cross Blue Shield, Delta Dental, VSP, and retirement programs with employer match.
How to apply: Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to:
Project Manager (Development Services) Selection Committee
Quonset Development Corporation
95 Cripe Street
North Kingstown, RI 02852
Or Email to: email@example.com
The position will remain open until filled.