The Division of Planning and Regulatory Services seeks applicants for the position of Conservation Planner/Agent. This position provides professional administrative support for the Conservation Commission and manages municipal programs related to wetlands protection and open space conservation, including administration of the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and City of Worcester Wetlands Protection Ordinance. This position serves as an agent of the Conservation Commission with responsibility for inspection and enforcement of Commission actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, civil or environmental engineering, planning, or a related field.
- Four (4) or more years of professional experience in the conservation planning, development review or related fields.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Master’s degree in environmental science, civil or environmental engineering, planning, or a related field (May be substituted for two (2) years of required experience).
- Two (2) or more years of experience providing professional administrative support to a Massachusetts Conservation Commission, or serving as a Conservation Commissioner.
SALARY: $66,663 – $71,547 annually, full-time, exempt, with an excellent benefits package.
For complete job description and to apply by October 8, 2021, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment
Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.