The Town of Ashby is seeking a part-time Land Use Agent, to serve as the Town’s principal planning resource. The Agent will be responsible for projects focused on priority planning efforts, and for assisting town officials with issues involving planning, zoning and community development. The majority of the work can be done remotely.
A bachelor’s degree with specialization in municipal planning, land use, or environmental planning is preferred, along with two or more years of experience in a municipal planning department, knowledge of Massachusetts zoning laws, rural economic development and agricultural zoning – or any equivalent combination of education and experience. The complete job description is available on the Town website (http://ashbyma.gov/document/official/job_descript/land-use-job-descrip.pdf).
- Salary: up to $11,000 per year.
- Up to $45 per hour commensurate with education and experience.
- Work on location and from home.
- Applications are requested on or before July 6, 2021.
- The application period will remain open until the position has been filled.
Submit resume and cover letter to Planning Board, Town Hall, 895 Main St., Ashby MA 01431, or email email@example.com.