The Town of Acton is seeking an experienced Planner with high competence in public engagement to join the Planning Division team. This full-time position offers the exciting opportunity to serve a diverse population on matters of community planning and development. The Planning Division is involved in a wide array of planning initiatives ranging from transportation, economic development, conservation and housing initiatives. The community planner position would take a key role in project management and community outreach efforts.
- Leads community engagement and coordinates planning initiatives for long range planning and other Land Use Department programs.
- Performs reviews of site plans, subdivisions, and other development permits for compliance with the Town of Acton Zoning Bylaw and land use goals of the Acton2020 Plan; provides staff support to permitting Boards.
- Conducts grant writing and provides support with program management for various efforts.
- Develops new and innovate methods to engage Acton citizens in public participation.
- Assists with zoning enforcement.
- In consultation with the Planning Director, provides guidance, support and training for junior staff.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Master’s Degree in Planning/Community Development, Public Administration, or closely related field. At least five (5) years of professional, successful, front line work experience in the field of study in a city or town government setting. AICP certification required. Or, a combination of equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Must be able to provide staff support for evening meetings.
Preferred Qualifications: Successful experience in public relations, education, and outreach, and with organizing and conducting community meetings and workshops. Experience with highly visible & controversial projects. Working knowledge of Federal and Massachusetts land use laws including recent changes to Chapter 40A, relevant case law, and ongoing legislative initiatives. Familiarity with principles and practice of supervision, training, coaching and personnel management, and with budgeting procedures and techniques.
Pay Rate: $78,860 to $98,980
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources Department, email@example.com. Acton is an EOE.
Deadline: First review of applications will be on May 17, 2021