The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission (CMRPC) is seeking a Transit Planner to be a part of our transit/transportation team working closely with the Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA).
Job duties include:
- Daily ridership monitoring; generate periodic reports and analysis.
- Conduct periodic field data collection such as RideCheck Passenger Counting, bus-stop inventory and Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- Organize, monitor, maintain all data and analysis associated with Automated Passenger Counts (APCs). Work to assign new schedules to each service change.
- Oversee quarterly driver count program; ensure data is accurate and complete. Enter data into the annual Driver Counts file, as required for the annual audit.
- Periodic review and updates to WRTAs Performance Management Plans/Metrics and other transit related plans updates.
- Working cooperatively with the inhouse transit team and the WRTA.
- Assist in activities related to WRTA service planning, yearly Audit, and National Transit Database (NTD) reporting.
- Assessing the local transit system against service standards and performance management metrics.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Transit planning experience, data collection and analysis skills are required.
- Problem solving skills, ability to research, and ability to learn new software are required.
- Proficiency with GIS and database software.
- Knowledge of LEP/Title VI, NTD, and transit performance management preferred.
- Knowledge of transit related software such as Clever, Ridecheck and Hastus a plus.
- Spanish and/or LEP languages a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and non-technical letters and memos.
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to make presentations, work with state and local officials to address specific transportation problems, and facilitate discussions at committee meetings.
- Inter-personal skills to work with other members of a planning team, including developing consensus on solutions, facilitating public participation, and implementing action plans.
This is a full-time position with an excellent state employee benefits package. Starting salary will range from $35,000 to $55,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Priority will be given to applications received on or before March 26, 2021. This position is open until filled. Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the USA and a valid driver’s license and/or the ability to arrange transportation to meetings in different parts of the region.
Send resume and cover letter to Sujatha Krishnan, Deputy Director, CMRPC, 1 Mercantile Street, Suite 520, Worcester, MA 01608, or email: email@example.com AA/EEO. Position open until filled. CMRPC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, or disability in employment or the provision of services.