The Norwich Community Development Corporation (NCDC) is accepting resumes for the position of President and Executive Director. The President will serve as the principal to promote economic development in the City of Norwich, CT.
Norwich Community Development Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and the leading agency for economic development in the City of Norwich, Connecticut. For more than fifty-five years, NCDC has facilitated development projects of all shapes, sizes, and industries. We provide businesses, developers, and investors with the resources and tools they need to locate, expand, and succeed in the City of Norwich.
The President will have primary responsibility for: (1) promoting new enterprises to locate in the City of Norwich; (2) retaining existing industries/businesses and facilitating their expansion within the City of Norwich; (3) coordinating with existing public and private organizations, agencies, and municipal departments; and (4) work with the communities of Southeastern Connecticut to foster regional collaboration of economic development efforts.
Additionally, the President is responsible for expanding NCDC’s influence in business and community development circles within the City of Norwich; improving the attractiveness of the City for businesses and assisting businesses to stay and grow within the region. This position is responsible for providing professional expertise to NCDC internally and externally with customers on matters of economic and community development.
Know and be known in Downtown Norwich, the Villages, and Business Park areas of the City of Norwich and advocate for programs and businesses within.
- Establish partnerships and maintain strategic relationships with businesses and community organizations and utilize the resources of affiliates and professional organizations to advance NDCD’s strategic interests.
- Search out, write, and support grants that advocate economic and community development to their benefit.
- Assist in the development and implementation of organizational funding opportunities for NCDC and other strategic partners.
- Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory, legislative, regional, and national business and community issues that affect NDCD’s and the community’s competitive standing.
- Represent NCDC on state, regional, and local boards and committees that further the strategic interests of the City of Norwich and NCDC.
- Work as a member of the NCDC team to assist in the execution of aggressive goals based on NCDC’s desired outcomes utilizing NCDC approved tools and resources.
- The President and Executive Director will be responsible for supervising a team of three employees and manage the administration of the organization’s employment practices and policies.
- Produce metrics that measure the effectiveness of NCDC’s efforts to assist the Norwich community.
- Develop and help disseminate information to the public via social and traditional media.
- Position reports directly to the NCDC Board of Directors.
BS/BA Degree in Economic Development, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Real Estate, Engineering, Business Administration, Planning or Public Policy. MBA or MPA preferred. Ten years’ experience in economic development or related field required.
Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills required. Creative and resourceful self-starter with critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Must have a high degree of integrity, professionalism, initiative, and energy. Ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicate with multiple audiences. Computer and social media skills are a must. Experience in database management, community economics, and survey research a plus.
Interested applicants are required to send a letter of application, resume, salary requirements, and contact information for (3) three professional references to:
Mr. Frank Manfredi, Esq. Chairman, Search Committee
Norwich Community Development Corporation
66 Franklin Street
Norwich, CT 06360
email@example.com (860) 887-6964
Applications must be received no later than the close of business on March 5, 2021.
NCDC reserves the right to extend the closing date for the submission of applications without additional notice, or to re-advertise the position.
NCDC will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, veteran status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, race, color, gender, age or any other protected class defined by state or federal law. NCDC provides for fair treatment of employees and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local labor laws.
Note: The job description is not, nor is it intended to be a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities which comprise this position. Employees in this position may be required to perform other related aspects of the job not listed above.