Contract Position $70,000/ year
Under the direction of the Deputy Director, the Redevelopment Project Manager will assist in all efforts related to property redevelopment, focused on the redevelopment of vacant properties across the 25 neighborhoods of the City of Providence. In partnership with the Department of Planning and Development, and other City Departments and agencies, the Redevelopment Project Manager will facilitate an interdisciplinary group of professionals to utilize various tools to redevelop vacant and abandoned property citywide. The Redevelopment Project Manager will also assist the Deputy Director with other Providence Redevelopment Agency projects and initiatives as needed.
Real estate, redevelopment or city planning professional that possesses expert experience in physical planning and/or land development, including urban design, development/review of site and engineering plans, preparing/reviewing cost estimates, securing/negotiating entitlements and regulatory approvals, and overseeing infrastructure and vertical development.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Serve as contract administrator to ensure compliance with contractual obligations;
- Act as liaison between the Providence Redevelopment Agency and various City of Providence municipal departments and project teams;
- May act as the point of contact for public/private partnerships once contract has been negotiated (design through construction);
- Represent the Providence Redevelopment Agency as partner in projects;
- Assist in managing project budget and schedule by cost of building materials and supplies, establish projected timelines for implementation. Approve expenditures, tracks consultant and contractor payments, permitting fees;
- May develop, monitor, analyze, report and revise the schedule by obtaining input from knowledge and/or technical sources. Manage and initiate review and/or design of engineering/architectural projects;
- Manage the selection process and administer consultant services, including negotiating contract terms and fees by negotiating the contract, approves the consultants product, approves payment to consultant, initiates poor performance remedies, etc.;
- Manage, monitor and review contracts and contractors to ensure compliance with contractual obligations, including administering change orders and estimates;
- Develop short/long range plans for future to ongoing projects. Including estimate timelines for start up and completion of projects;
- Develop, maintain, and improve design and construction project management policies and procedures;
- Provide technical advice and assistance to city management, field personnel, contractors, etc.;
- Meet with project engineers/architects and contractors to discuss designs and design changes and provide resolutions;
- Coordinate the analysis of site selection by hiring various consultants to develop reports and review recommendations with consultants and sponsoring departments;
- Resolve conflicts and difficult situations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of engineering and architectural design principles, practices, and procedures, estimating techniques
- Knowledge of project accounting, architectural and construction methods and the principles, methods and practices of project management
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations and codes associate project assignment
- Knowledge of budget policies and principles
- Knowledge of contract policies and procedures
- Knowledge of construction Management techniques and project management systems.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Skill in real estate law and practices
- Skill in adapting, interpreting and applying guidelines and standards
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Skill in using available software packages
- Skill in evaluating contract agreements
- Skill in writing and interpreting legal descriptions of leases, real estate, easement and similar properties
- Skill in negotiating with various audiences to accomplish objectives
- Skill in written and oral communications including public presentations
- Skill in completing projects within the required scheduling,
- Ability to make prompt decisions and develop new and relative ideas
- Ability to perform all facets of projects
- Ability to exercise a good judgment, tact and diplomacy in all public dealings
- Ability to exercise a sound judgment, tact and diplomacy in all public contacts
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Darcy Charleson at email@example.com.