SALARY: $79,000 – $107,000 DOE + Benefits
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Leads and manages the complex operations of the City’s Planning Department. This includes internal and cross team collaboration, advising policymakers about long-range planning and community development projects, and overseeing the application of land use and historic district regulations.
The Planning Director also serves as the primary liaison to the City Council and Mayor, Housing Authority, Planning Commission, and Historic Preservation Board. The Planning Director makes the final determination for the General Plan, Land Management Code, Historic District Design Guidelines, and other important City planning and community development-related documents for the administration.
- Degree in Planning or related field
- 10 years progressively responsible experience, with at least five years’ experience in a supervisory or senior role
- AICP certification
- American Planning Association member or affiliation
- Application of site design/architectural design guidelines and historic preservation
- Resort and tourism industry experience