The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission (CMRPC) is seeking a Principal Transit Planner to be a part of our transit/transportation team working closely with the Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA).Job duties include:
- Taking a lead role in transit planning programming including project scoping and daily prioritization of work.
- Working cooperatively with the inhouse transit team and the WRTA.
- Developing analysis and plans for various transit planning focus areas, including bus route planning.
- Lead activities related to WRTA service planning, yearly Audit, and National Transit Database (NTD) reporting.
- Assessing the local transit system against service standards and performance management metrics.
- Working with staff, WRTA, and public officials to develop data-informed solutions to specific transit problems.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Team project management, staff management and project scoping experience.
- Extensive technical expertise in transit planning analysis and transit study management.
- Proficiency with GIS and database software.
- Knowledge of transit related software such as Clever, Ridecheck and Hastus required.
- Knowledge of LEP/Title VI, NTD, and transit performance management preferred.
- Spanish and/or LEP languages a plus.
- Problem solving skills, ability to research, and ability to learn new software are required.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and non-technical letters and memos.
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to make presentations, work with state and local officials to address specific transportation problems, and facilitate discussions at committee meetings.
- Inter-personal skills to work with other members of a planning team, including developing consensus on solutions, facilitating public participation, and implementing action plans.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Urban/Transportation Planning, or Civil/Transportation Engineering preferred. Minimum experience BS+7 or MS+5 years in transit/transportation planning. Salary $57,000-$75,000; commensurate with experience. Competitive fringe benefits. Send resume and cover letter by September 11, 2020 to Sujatha Krishnan, Deputy Director, CMRPC, 1 Mercantile Street, Suite 520, Worcester, MA 01608, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org AA/EEO. CMRPC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, or disability in employment or the provision of services.