The Volpe Center is seeking Policy Analysts at the entry- and mid-levels to support our Policy, Planning & Environment Technical Center. The employee(s) will be responsible for data collection, analyses and research in areas such as environmental policy, resilience and recovery, transportation planning, performance management, freight policy and planning, innovative finance, current and emerging transportation technologies and/or related programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience assisting with the development and implementation of projects centered on high-level policy activities. The position is focused on the conducting policy-related research, analysis, evaluation, and coordination related to environmental policy, resilience and recovery, transportation planning, performance management, freight policy and planning, innovative finance, current and emerging transportation technologies and/or related technology-focused programs. Additionally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams contributing to or leading projects both within his/her organization and crossing organizational boundaries, possess superb analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills, and be able to excel in an entrepreneurial, fast –paced environment.
- Provide policy analysis services to clients, in areas such as long-term and site specific strategic transportation planning; environmental policy and planning; data, program, and policy analysis; research; outreach and communications; and transportation finance.
- Provide research and analytical support to project teams; data collection activities; assisting in the design and implementation of outreach events; scheduling and conducting meetings and interviews; and writing and preparing a variety of project reports and other technical and business documentation.
- Performing (or assisting in) analyses, development, planning, and implementation of guidance, tools, strategies, and programs.
- Provide input in evaluating the project for technical validity and the design of project materials and technical reports.
- Draft, create and design project materials and technical reports.
When you work at the Volpe Center you work with people like you –talented professionals who enjoy applying their expertise in the service of others and resolving real-world transportation problems. We are located in the culturally diverse and academically rich city of Cambridge, MA (Kendall Square), and offer competitive benefits, and a flexible and family-friendly work environment including on-site child-care services. Additional positions may be filled throughout the Volpe Center.
Volpe is committed to fostering an inclusive diverse workforce where employees feel valued for their unique backgrounds and qualities and have a sense of belonging and engagement in helping to advance transportation for the public good.
If you or someone you know is interested, I encourage you or them to apply. We are looking for a diverse pool of well qualified candidates. The announcement is posted on USA Jobs – http://www.usajobs.gov/ and is linked to the Volpe Careers site https://www.volpe.dot.gov/about-us/careers. Please feel free to forward this message that provides the information session details to anyone who may be interested in applying to this position.
Announcements are posted to the Public and to Merit Promotion eligible applicants on http://www.usajobs.gov/. Please know that Merit Promotion announcements are the vehicle through which Federal employees generally apply for Federal positions.
Application deadline: August 21, 2020
POLICY ANALYST, GS-0101-9/11/12
Public and Merit Promotion Announcement: