Statement of Duties: The Community Outreach Coordinator serves as an administrative assistant and communications lead for the Division of Planning and Community Development. This position assists with the daily functions, which may include administrative tasks, website maintenance, public outreach, including mailings and newspaper notifications, as well as public meeting organizing. As the communications specialist, this position develops, assists, and executes strategic communications and information on behalf of the City through various communication outlets to diverse audiences.
The essential functions and/or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, and/or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides a wide range of administrative functions, which includes but not limited to o customer service (in-person, email, and telephone);
- processing of incoming/outgoing mail;
- preparation and/or review of documents/reports/correspondence;
- preparation of legal notices for publication in local newspapers;
- organization of public meetings, public hearings, and other public functions
- management of office and necessary resources.
- Assists with project application intake and processing, questions and scheduling, maintenance of project files, and assisting with other associated functions affiliated with project review.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as needed.
- Assists in the publication, website development, and communication management of the Department information.
- Maintains the electronic project tracking system for the Department.
- Serves as staff for the Technical Review Team, producing meeting reports for applicants.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree with 2 years of equivalent experience is required
- Experience in office administration is a prerequisite
- Experience in customer service our public relations is preferred.