Nationally recognized for its high-quality services and innovative initiatives, MASCO (Medical Academic and Scientific Community Organization) is committed to enhancing the quality of life for those who live, work, study, or receive care in Boston’s Longwood Medical and Academic Area (LMA), a key economic engine for New England. A $36-million nonprofit organization, MASCO provides an array of services including area planning and development, parking and transit, telecommunications, and child care.
MASCO is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner to assist in the organization and implementation of a variety of planning and development efforts related to the enhancement of the LMA through transportation planning and travel demand management program implementation.
• Serve as lead planner for master programming and technical assistance efforts designed to meet institutional needs for parking and multimodal transportation access.
• Perform regional and district-level studies of transportation infrastructures to identify the needs of pedestrians, bicycles, transit, and vehicles.
• Develop short-term and long-term improvements that comply with appropriate engineering and design standards.
• Assist in improvement implementations by working collaboratively with members and public agencies to achieve political support and funding.
• Manage the work of transportation engineers under contract.
• Monitor governmental policies that may affect LMA’s transportation systems. Assist in development of policy positions, advocacy strategies and materials presentation.
• Manage staff and guide incentive program development and technical analysis for CommuteWorks, the LMA transportation management association.
• Communicate transportation-related interests with several boards and serve as a liaison to transportation agencies at the local and state levels.
• Work with other planners to incorporate aspects of the transportation systems with other LMA area plans.
• Direct and perform field work and maintain databases to aid in transportation systems planning.
Required Qualifications (unless otherwise noted)
• Bachelor’s degree in transportation planning or related field; master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum eight years of experience working in transportation planning/engineering. Prior supervisory experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications. Proficiency in CAD preferred.
• Knowledge of city and state transportation project development, planning and funding processes.
• Excellent analytical, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong proactive organizational skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Exhibit a ‘can-do’ attitude and flexible work style approach. Patience and flexibility to meet demands of a changing environment.
• Ability to handle situations, issues and information with sound judgement, diplomacy and sensitivity.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is competitive based on experience. MASCO offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, a monthly MBTA pass subsidy or free off-site parking, 3 weeks of vacation, 12 paid holidays, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
Qualified and Interested?
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the apply button below.