The SNEAPA 2020 Committee has been hard at work since January planning for the next SNEAPA, scheduled for September 24-25 at the Rhode Island Convention Center in Providence. Across the country, other APA Chapters are asking themselves the same questions: Will we be able to hold large, in-person conferences this year? Even if such gatherings are allowed, will people feel comfortable attending? What are our options for hosting a virtual conference?
The SNEAPA committee is grappling with these questions a well. Here’s what we can tell our members at this time:
- Due to the ongoing uncertainty of the COVID-19 public health crisis (including the fact that the Rhode Island Convention Center is being turned into a temporary hospital and it is unclear how long that will last) and with the desire to keep our members and guests safe and healthy, we have decided to cancel all in-person SNEAPA events for 2020.
- However, we are preparing to go virtual sometime this Fall!!
- We are exploring options for a Virtual SNEAPA, much as APA National is doing with NPC20 @ Home(speaking of, please consider attending!)
- There are several ways we could go about this. We will be watching NPC20 for lessons learned and will be sending a survey out soon through the RI, CT, and MA Chapters to hear what YOU would want out of a virtual SNEAPA.
- When the Call for Session Proposals is released, we will be asking everyone to think of ways you could present your sessions virtually. The standard presentation with panelists followed by Q&A is just as viable virtually, but think of all the other things you can do: Rope in speakers from anywhere in the country or across the globe; Incorporate real time surveys; Conduct virtual mobile workshops. This is an opportunity to get creative!
- The SNEAPA Committee is committed to providing high-quality sessions with relevant and useful content, opportunities to network with our colleagues from around the region, venues to interact with vendors and thank our sponsors, and having a little fun while we’re at it!
- We hope keep registration fees as low as possible!
- We ask for your patience, understanding, flexibility, creativity, and good will as we work to bring you these opportunities.
- More very soon!