This position is an integral part of MAR’s advocacy efforts in promoting smart, sustainable and reasonable public policy in Massachusetts. This position will support the 12 local REALTOR organizations across the State and also support our Government Affairs activities at the State level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a liaison between the Massachusetts Association Realtors® and local associations through a strong working relationship with executive officers and key committee members. This includes developing a strong local profile through working with local government affairs committees, speaking engagements at general membership meetings regarding issues of importance, and participation in local association events.
- Engage in the research of local ordinance issues, provide timely analyses of the issues, and execute corresponding strategies.
- Plan and implement Realtor® strategy on political and legal issues within the local environment, including lobbying legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Prepare best practices and train local volunteer leadership to establish and maintain solid relations with elected officials at all levels of government (town, city, and state); build working relationships between these elected officials.
- Provide training and resources to local associations and volunteers to be effective on local legislative races and organize Realtors® campaign involvement including candidate interviews; assist in the election of Realtor® candidates; hands-on, grass-roots campaign organization.
- Communicate the importance and availability of MAR and NAR’s advocacy resources. This includes facilitating local requests for Issues Mobilization, land use, placemaking, and policy review.
Supplemental Job Functions
- Public policy research
- Develop and maintain a calendar of local Realtor® events
- Develop a schedule with the General Counsel & Director of Government Affairs for reporting on progress and goals objectives
- Attend Massachusetts Association of Realtors® meetings as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Counsel & Director of Government Affairs or the Chief Executive Officer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in public policy, land use and zoning regulations
- Proven written, oral, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of the legislative process
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize
JOB TITLE: Manager of Local Public Policy
DEPARTMENT: Government Affairs & Legal
REPORTS TO: General Counsel & Director of Government Affairs
Questions or inquiries can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org