Join the Northampton Planning & Sustainability team as we integrate community development into planning, sustainability, resilience, climate mitigation, and equity.
Community Development Planner, City of Northampton (40 Hrs/wk); Anticipated Starting Hourly Range: $28.35-$32.89. Administers Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and coordinating and collaborating with the City’s planning for affordable housing, homeless and social services, and the needs of those with disabilities. Full job description and application at http://www.northamptonma.gov/1476/Current-Openings. Closing date is 1/14/2020
● Prepares and submits the required five year Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan, federal environmental reviews, and other reports; conducts financial and programmatic oversight of sub-grantees; monitors programs; and other related functions.
● Serves as City’s American with Disabilities Act Coordinator and ensures that City complies with federal and state laws and regulations; acts as a resource for City departments and the public regarding access issues.
● Supports and in some cases coordinates the City’s efforts to advance social equity, including distributional equity, structural equity, intergenerational equity, and procedural equity, through affordable housing and fair housing, Americans with Disabilities Act/Section 504 planning, social services, homeless services, working and networking with housing, social and homeless service providers, to develop and maintain a continuum of care service delivery system.
● Staffs the City’s Housing Partnership and Disabilities Commissions and other meetings as assigned.
● Performs other projects and related work as assigned