The Jacobs Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a mid-level transportation and or transit planning professional to support the Boston Planning and Environmental Group. The candidate will prepare planning studies, alternatives analyses, impact assessments, and technical reports. The candidate will function in a lead role on transportation and transit planning studies and projects. The candidate may function as a task lead on projects and may assist in the preparation and conduct of public and agency involvement tasks. This position involves working as a part of a team of people to support a variety of infrastructure projects primarily in New England. This position is based out of the Jacobs Boston, MA Office but other work locations will be considered.
- Master’s Degree in Urban Planning, Geography, Landscape architecture, Engineering or comparable degree;
- AICP Certification;
- At least 6 years of experience;
- Experience in the preparation of transportation and corridor planning projects, or any other infrastructure/land use projects;
- Experience in the preparation of planning studies and technical analysis;
- Experience working with federal, state and local regulatory agencies;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team of professionals, and mentor junior staff;
- Knowledge of MassDOT Project Development Guidelines (planning and design) a plus;
- Knowledge of Office of Transportation planning procedures and personnel a plus;
- Exceptional technical writing and verbal skills;
- Ability to create high quality graphic reports and presentations;
- Ability to analyze data utilizing spread sheets and data base software; and
- Demonstrated ability to conduct GIS analysis and prepare maps/graphics to support technical documents and public outreach efforts.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.