MASCO (Medical Academic and Scientific Community Organization) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing Boston’s Longwood Medical Area (LMA) for the benefit of those who live and visit the area by offering services like area planning and development, parking and transportation, a call center, and child care. Visit masco.org to learn more.
MASCO is seeking a CommuteWorks Coordinator to be responsible for all operational activities for MASCO’s CommuteWorks transportation management association (TMA). The CommuteWorks Coordinator will work cooperatively with commuters and appropriate stakeholders to develop, market, and administer programs that rely on the latest transportation demand management strategies to move commuters away from driving to work alone.
- Provide commuting assistance to employees and students of LMA institutions and respond to all related requests for information.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the CommuteWorks incentive programs (CommuteFit, Emergency Ride Home, CommuteSwap, Bicycling in the LMA, and Carpool & Vanpool subsidies) by processing individual registrations, communicating with participants and distributing program materials.
- Design and distribute marketing materials to encourage participation in the CommuteWorks incentive programs for commute modes other than driving alone, including use of social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Participate in members’ employee orientations, benefits fairs and commuter information tables in an effort to promote CommuteWorks and transportation alternatives. This includes preparing and giving presentations for institutions, public agencies, and other audiences as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum three years related professional experience.
- Strong customer service and marketing experience.
- Transportation demand management experience preferred or some knowledge of transportation, urban planning, sustainability, or an interest in these areas desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of and ability to use social media platforms. Proficiency with graphic design software a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including experience in public speaking or a desire to learn.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is competitive based on experience. MASCO offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, a monthly MBTA pass subsidy or free off-site parking, 3 weeks of vacation, 12 paid holidays, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
Qualified and Interested?
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the button below or pasting the link into your browser.