The Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission (CMRPC) is seeking an Assistant Transit Planner to join the transportation planning team. CMRPC serves 40 communities in southern Worcester County, with a population of about 500,000. CMRPC provides services in roadway and transit planning, technical assistance in land use and Smart Growth techniques, homeland security assistance, GIS, and grant administration.
Job duties include:
- Data collection and analysis for various transit and paratransit planning focus areas.
- Data entry and research various data sets to include in planning activities.
- Support planning analysis using transportation planning procedures, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and other tools.
- Support staff and public officials to develop solutions to specific transportation problems.
The preferred candidate is required to have the following skills and abilities:
- One to two years of experience with transportation planning data collection and analysis a plus.
- Knowledge of data collection, analysis and planning principles.
- Understanding of various transportation datasets, analyses and mapping.
- Experience with GIS software platform.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write reports, memos and make presentations.
- Problem solving skills, ability to research, and ability to learn new software.
- Inter-personal skills to work with other members of a planning team, including developing consensus on solutions, facilitating public participation, and implementing action plans.
Minimum Bachelor degree in Urban/Transportation Planning or Geography. Salary $35,000 -$45,000 commensurate with experience. Competitive fringe benefits. Send resume and cover letter by Wednesday, July 24, 2019 to Sujatha Krishnan, Transportation Program Manager, CMRPC, One Mercantile St, Suite 520, Worcester, MA 01608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org AA/EEO.
CMRPC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, or disability in employment or the provision of services.