St. Paul | up to $119,496 annually
The position directs the Construction and Operations Section in the Office of Environmental Stewardship (OES) to develop and implement cost-effective statewide environmental policy and programs consistent with federal and state laws, regulations, and guidelines.
As a member of the Office of Environmental Stewardship Management Team this position develops environmental policy and program recommendations consistent with the department and division mission, goals, and objectives; manages and supervises section staff, ensuring that section, office, and department objectives are met in the most efficient and effective manner and staff are qualified, responsive, motivated, and provided with the necessary support and resources; provides managerial, administrative, and technical direction to the section, ensuring that section programs, services, and scientific disciplines represented within each unit conform to accepted technical and professional standards, all relevant state and federal environmental requirements, and are properly integrated into MnDOT projects; and offer leadership and overall direction in providing advanced and new technology to maintain technically competent staff.
Why Work for Us
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days per year
- Earn 13 paid sick days per year
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Flexible working schedule
- Training opportunities and more!
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as: Environmental/Natural Sciences, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Geology, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Climatology, Forestry, Soil Science, Planning, or closely related field.
- Three years managerial experience OR four years professional supervisory experience in the development of environmental policies and programs.
If you meet the above requirements, please provide a written summary of your knowledge and experience in the areas outlined below. Please combine resume and written summary into one document and include with your application.
- Experience managing, directing, and guiding the staff of a multi-disciplined section of a statewide organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations and processes.
- Experience analyzing policies and making recommendations/revisions to policies.
- Experience with project development processes which may include some or all of the following: planning, programming, environmental, design, land acquisition, and/or construction.
- Communication and human relation skills to successfully interact and create strong relations with management, stakeholders and MnDOT staff.
- Experience with conflict management and negotiation.
Apply Online by 6/10/2019
- Go to mn.gov/careers and click “External Applicants – Search for Jobs Now”.
- Using the keyword search box type in, 32966.
- Select the job title, review the posting, and then click “Apply” at the bottom of the posting to start your application.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, list “Other – Explain”.
Questions? Contact Mao Lowe, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-366-3383.