How to Become an AICP CM Provider
Registration as a CM provider begins with an annual $95 fee that enables you to register events for CM and publicize yourself as a registered CM provider for a period of one calendar year. You then select the payment plan or plans that best suit your training needs and for which you are eligible based on organization type.
Please note: Registration and payment plans are both non-refundable. Any non-annual unlimited plan may be upgraded throughout the year. Should you have any further questions, please contact AICP CM customer service at AICPCM@planning.org. To learn more about how to become a CM provider, see: http://www.planning.org/cm/activities/regprocess.htm.
Alternative Approach – Partner with APA-MA
The APA-MA Chapter is already a CM Provider and has led CM events for planning professionals. In addition, the Chapter has enjoyed partnering with organizations, agencies and companies in order to create a valuable educational experience that qualifies for CM credit. One of the key benefits of partnering with APA-MA on CM events is that the chapter can register the event and coordinate CM registration with APA National. Below are the steps involved on how you as a prospective partner may take advantage of the chapter CM Provider status.
- Important! An APA-MA Chapter Board member would need to be involved early in the planning/organizing of the program and/or speakers, etc. Contact information of Chapter Board members is provided on this site.
- Once the event details are determined, the prospective partner must fill out the Application for Certification Maintenance Credits for Workshops/Events
- Since the APA-MA Chapter is already under a Payment Plan that includes registration of CM sessions, no fee to APA would need to be paid by the prospective partner.
- APA-MA Chapter Board will submit the documentation for the event, with input from the prospective partner and the speakers (ie, their bio’s, etc.)
- APA-MA Chapter would also promote the event via the New England Planning newsletter, Chapter website, email listserv and email marketing tool (ie, Constant Contact).
Benefits of APA-MA Partnering
- AICP CM registration of your event by APA-MA’s PDO.
- Promotion of the event to over 1,000 planning professionals within Massachusetts.
- Communication about the event on the chapter newsletter, website, email announcements and listserv.
- The inclusion of CM Credit for an event has shown to increase attendance by professional planners.
- Opportunity to celebrate the event afterward with a post-event article with photos in the chapter newsletter.
- Potential for financial support of the event to assist with event enhancements (ie, snacks, beverages or lunches).
Requirements of APA-MA Partnering
The APA-MA Chapter kindly requests prospective partners to acknowledge the Chapter’s commitment towards the event by implementing the following:
- Insert the APA-MA Chapter logo and APA/AICP CM logo on the event’s flyer, website, email announcement, and program brochure or other handout (to be provided).
- List how many CM credits the event is seeking (ie, “This event is being submitted to AICP for CM|2.0“) on conference material (brochures, handouts, website, etc.)
- Acknowledge the APA-MA Chapter during the event when listing sponsors or supporters or partners.
For any questions about being a CM provider or partnering with APA-MA on your next event, please contact the Chapter’s Professional Development Officer (PDO):
Kristin E. Kassner, AICP, Senior Planner
Town of Burlington, 25 Center Street, Burlington, MA 01803