CommuteWorks Coordinator, CommuteWorks transportation management association (TMA)
MASCO (Medical Academic and Scientific Community Organization) is looking for a CommuteWorks Coordinator. The CommuteWorks Coordinator is responsible for all activities of the CommuteWorks transportation management association (TMA), operated by MASCO to facilitate non-single occupant vehicle trips to its member institutions in and around the Longwood Medical and Academic Area (LMA) of Boston. The CommuteWorks Coordinator works cooperatively with commuters and appropriate stakeholders from member institutions to develop, market, and administer programs that rely on the latest transportation demand management strategies to reduce single-occupant vehicle trips.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the CommuteWorks incentive programs (CommuteFit, Emergency Ride Home, CommuteSwap, Bicycling in the LMA, and Carpool
& Vanpool subsidies) by processing individual registrations, communicating with participants and distributing program materials.
- Design and distribute marketing materials to encourage participation in the CommuteWorks incentive programs, including use of social media outlets such as Twitter and
- Plan and host occasional events (e.g. CommuteFest, bicycle breakfasts, meetings for area employer transportation advisors, and/or speaker events) to inform members and LMA employees and students of potential travel options to driving alone, including public transit, ridesharing, bicycling, walking, and starting carpools or
- Promote employee and institution participation in city and state events such as the MassCommute Bicycle Challenge, the Excellence in Commuter Options Awards, and the Massachusetts Clean Air
- Provide commuting assistance to employees and students of LMA institutions and respond to all related requests for information.
- Participate in members’ employee orientations, benefits fairs and commuter information tables in an effort to promote CommuteWorks and transportation This includes the preparation and public speaking of presentations for institutions, public agencies, and other audiences as appropriate.
- Work with Senior Transportation Planner and Vice President to assess the effectiveness of programs and develop new or improved programs as needed to further the TMA goals.
- Serve as Employee Transportation Advisor to MASCO employees.
- Manage the CommuteWorks budget and conduct all related accounting
- Maintain information on the performance of the CommuteWorks program using measures related to program inputs, to assist members in the preparation of their MA DEP Rideshare or other compliance reporting requirements (e.g. DEP Rideshare Regulations, state and/or federal grants) on behalf of MASCO and/or LMA institutions as
- Represent CommuteWorks/MASCO on such external local and national bodies as TMA Council of the Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT) national and Patriot Chapter, and MassCommute, the Massachusetts coalition of
- Perform special projects and other duties as
Required Education, Experience, and Skills (unless otherwise noted)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related
- Minimum three years of related professional
- Marketing and/or transportation demand management and operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Proficiency with graphic design software a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Professional interpersonal style; ability to interact and work with a diverse range of
- Comfortable and confident in meeting with new
- Resourceful problem
- Strong proactive organizational skills, including the ability to make decisions about how to prioritize and organize own
- Ability and willingness to proactively research and/or solve
- Ability to work on several different unrelated tasks at the same
- Ability to work under the pressure of occasional tight
- Exhibit a ‘can-do’ attitude and flexible work style
- Patience and flexibility to meet demands of a constantly changing
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel
- Some knowledge of transportation, urban planning, sustainability, or an interest in these areas
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive based on experience. MASCO offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, a monthly MBTA pass (up to $110) or free off-site parking, 3 weeks of vacation, 12 paid holidays, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
Qualified and Interested?
Please submit your resume and cover letter via MASCO’s career page at www.masco.org/masco/working-masco.
MASCO is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing Boston’s Longwood Medical and Academic area for the benefit of those who live, work, study or receives care in the area. MASCO and its family of organizations offer a wide range of services including area planning and development, parking and transportation, collaborative purchasing, a call center and child care. For more information about MASCO, visit www.masco.org.
MASCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Filed under: Jobs
© 2017 APA – Massachusetts Chapter