Planning Technician, Town of Burlington, VT
Are you interested in joining a creative, dynamic and award-winning team of planning and development professionals?
Do you want to play a role in helping to make one of America’s greatest small cities even better?
Would you like to live, work and play in one of New England’s most eclectic, progressive and livable communities?
If you said “YES!” to any of these questions then we want to talk to you!
The City of Burlington’s Dept. of Planning & Zoning is looking to hire a Planning Technician to join our team. This paraprofessional position is responsible for assisting with the administration of the City’s land use and development regulations, and will devote a significant amount of time working directly with the public to provide customer service regarding land use development and zoning permitting including providing information and assistance to applicants and the public and processing zoning permit applications. This is a full-time permanent position.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have “in the trenches” experience with applying zoning regulations, reviewing plans, and working with applicants.
- have excellent interpersonal skills, and a commitment to providing outstanding and professional customer service.
- be able to communicate nuanced, complex and technical information clearly and effectively across diverse customers and constituencies
- bring tact and discretion in addressing emotionally charged issues and diffusing conflicts.
- be techno-savvy and fearless when it comes to working with, and trouble-shooting, technology
- be committed to improving the quality and effectiveness of governmental services, and a pro-active problem-solver to get the job done.
Always on someone’s “top ten list,” Burlington has been widely recognized as one of America’s most livable communities. We are a small New England city surrounded by scenic beauty and recreational opportunities on the eastern shoreline of Lake Champlain. Burlingtonians are diverse and forward-thinking, steeped in arts and culture, and actively engaged in the evolution of our community and economy.
The City of Burlington offers a complete and very competitive benefits package. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. EOE
For a complete job description and application, contact our Human Resources Dept. at 802/865-7145 or visit our website and apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/burlingtonvt .
The application deadline is Friday March 24, 2017
Filed under: Jobs
© 2017 APA – Massachusetts Chapter