PROJECT PLANNER, CRA
Posted: February 16, 2017
The Cambridge Redevelopment Authority (CRA) is recruiting for a project planner to help design, manage and implement new community development initiatives in accordance with its Strategic Plan and mission statement.
The Cambridge Redevelopment Authority is committed to implementing imaginative, creative development that achieves social equity and environmental sustainability. Our goal is to work in the public
interest to facilitate infrastructure investments and development projects that integrate commercial, housing, civic and open space uses. We are a public real estate entity with a unique set of redevelopment tools, working in close partnership with the City of Cambridge and other organizations.
More information about the CRA, its Strategic Plan, and ongoing projects may be found at our website: www.cambridgeredevelopment.org.
The Project Planner will support the creation and implementation of new community revitalization efforts and support ongoing planning work of the CRA. Projects may include neighborhood economic development programs, redevelopment of under-utilized properties, planning for community facilities, and ongoing strategic planning efforts. The position will support the CRA’s research, analysis, project design and community engagement efforts related to its redevelopment programs.
The CRA is seeking applicants who possess an understanding of and experience with community development, real estate finance principles, urban design, and land use planning. Candidates must demonstrate at least two years experience in a similar position or related field(s). An advanced degree in Public Policy, City Planning, Real Estate or related field is highly preferred but not required. The Project Planner must be able to work well independently and collaboratively in a small team environment.
The CRA will evaluate candidates based on a balanced set of skills and experience, specifically:
- Written Communications Skills: Technical writing for internal communication and external memos for various
- Public Speaking: Creating and giving public presentations to small and large
- Data Analysis and Graphic Presentation: Data-management and visualization, especially GIS and desktop publisher graphic
- Collaborative: Integrating multiple disciplines and coordinating projects with people within and outside the
- Strategic Thinking: Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to distill key community planning and development issues for a wide range of
- Multi-Tasking: Plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and projects requiring innovation, teamwork and long-term planning.
- Planning knowledge: Understanding of urban planning and community development principles, zoning and environmental regulation, sustainability principles, public participation methods, regional demographic and economic trends, and real estate
Work Environment: Work involved is both indoors in a professional small-office setting and outdoors at project sites. The position requires attendance and participation at regular evening meetings. Travel to local meetings and project sites is required. Accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The CRA provides a flexible, supportive, and family- friendly work environment.
Hours: This is a full time position with a 37.5-hour / week.
Salary: Salary range starting at $50,000 to $60,000, final compensation dependent on skills and experience.
Benefits: A comprehensive benefit package is provided to employees including but not limited to health insurance, dental insurance, vacation, transit subsidy, and membership in the Cambridge Retirement System. Please refer to the current Personnel Policy on the CRA website.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 13, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The CRA is an EOE/AA employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply. No telephone calls please.
Filed under: Jobs
© 2017 APA – Massachusetts Chapter