Citizen Planner Training Collaborative
The Citizen Planner Training Collaborative provides local planning and zoning officials with tools to make effective decisions regarding their community’s current and future land use.
- Training workshops delivering a Level I and Level 2 core curriculum, taught across the state by expert attorneys and professional planners.
- Internet access to core training units, a bylaw collection, many planning related links, and training calendars.
- On-demand training to any community needing to focus on a specific topic.
- Annual conference addressing important land use issues on a more in-depth basis.
CPTC is a member of the Local Capacity Building Partnership – an affiliation of training providers assisting local officials in dealing with land use issues. To learn about training opportunities at CPTC and for more information about this dynamic organization, see: http://www.umass.edu/masscptc/.
Board of Directors
(appointees of signatory organizations)
- University of Massachusetts Extension: Michael DiPasquale
- Mass. Association of Planning Directors: Ralph Willmer
- Mass. Chapter of the American Planning Association:
- Citizen Planner Training Collaborative Advisory Board: Bruce Hughes
- Department of Housing and Community Development: Elaine Wijnja
- Mass. Association of Regional Planning Agencies: Chair; Lawrence Adams
Members of the Advisory Board
- Bruce Hughes, Chair; Economic Development Specialist, Old Colony Planning Council
- Heidi Ricci, Senior Policy Analyst, Mass Audubon
- Sharon Rooney , Chief Planner, Cape Cod Commission
- Robert Mitchell, Special Assistant For Sustainable Development,
Office for Commonwealth Development
- Mark Racicot, Planner, Metropolitan Area Planning Council
- Alan Pease, Ashby Planning Board
- Douglas Albertson, Town Planner, Belchertown
- Catherine Ratté, Principal Planner, Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
- Sarah Izatt LaValley, Planner, City of Northampton