The Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association provides leadership in the development of vital communities by advocating excellence in community planning, promoting education and citizen empowerment, and providing the tools and support necessary to meet the challenges of growth and change.
Planning exists to:
- Promote the public good through the application of planning for better decision making;
- Help meet human needs in a manner that enhances the quality and distribution of resources in the physical, social and economic environment; and
- Advocate an open, informed and inclusive public decision making process to reach rational decisions.
The Massachusetts Chapter Exists to:
- Bring together and support the many people and groups in Massachusetts involved in the local, state and regional and national planning process; and
- Promote and achieve planning that is better performed, better understood, and better respected.
- Member Development – increase planning expertise through efficient use of Chapter resources.
- Professional Impact – increase impact of planning in public and private decision making.
- Organizational Impact – energize and enhance the organization.